Help regarding a project I want to make a reality! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Help regarding a project I want to make a reality!

Hello all,
I am an avid Ibanez user, and am planning my next Ibanez purchase. I have a '91 UV7BK custom, and a S7420 w/ the H-S-H configuration. I've been dying for a UV777GR, but I have plans to make it a hot-rodded custom like my other two. My ideas are as follows:
-Mohagony body routed for Lo-Pro Edge 7, bridge p.u. and volume pot only (pickup and pot mounted to pickguard)
-Maple neck w/ 3-color pyramid inlays
-Monkey Grip & Lion's Claw on body, Lion's Claw painted pink
-Bridge pickup color - pink, same for ClipLock strap
-Body & Headstock finish: Neon green w/ black swirl
-Pickguard & truss rod cover: Black w/ green swirl

In layman's terms, a JEM777LNG, but minus the mid & neck pickups, the 5-way switch and the tone pot, and swirl it!!!!! At the same time, Rich at IbanezRules recomended that I jst get a UV777GR, and go from there. But, I'd wanted to do it all from scratch. Can anyone give me some insight on this crazy idea of mine? I've always had this thing for "The Green Meanie" , and the green UV, but wanted something more to my tatses . Feel free to reply, or drop me a line via email.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 12:18 PM

sent ya a PM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 04:14 PM
ns9

Hi!
Just a suggestion...

Depending on if you want AANJ or original NJ:
AANJ: Grab a 7620 neck
ONJ: Grab an original Universe neck. If you go for this type, although near impossible to find, someone who has JUST the UV GR neck is best, but any would work.

Send the neck to ATD. ATD has bodies now, so order one of the bodies, and have it swirled by them as well. Sending the neck will allow for the headstock to get swirled in same "batch."

If you cannot find a GR neck, then you can either send the neck to LGM (banner up top) and have him pull the fretboard and throw a maple board on, and then do the inlays, and then he can fire it over to ATD. LGM can also paint and clear a pickup for you while the neck is settling-hehehe. (Jeremy loves to paint stuff pink <g>).

Between the two of them, they should be able to do almost anything you can afford. Nikki

Tags
bridge pickup , cliplock strap , maple neck , monkey grip , neck pickup , neck pickups , pro edge , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode