Help wanted - identify my guitar - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Help wanted - identify my guitar

Just bought a very cheap what I assumed was a JS100 in fixer upper condition. It has chrome gotoh tuners and a taKeuchi trs101 bridge setup. Guessing it is fairly early, doesn't have the satriani name inlay. Might have been refinished but it's in an off white colour with black showing where it has chipped.

No sign of a serial number either and pickups have been swapped out for something crap. So far so much what I paid for.

Just took the neck off to look for a serial and it is stamped F JS 3 and then an N or a Z depending on which way you read it.

No serial. Guess a sticker was lost. I'm completely confused as to what this might actually be now.

Neck feels to me like a 90s Japanese neck but don't want to get over excited that this is anything other than a Korean beater. Any advice?

Last edited by Gavdav75; 12-28-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 02:22 PM
Vendor

Re: Help wanted - identify my guitar

Sounds more like somebody put a Japanese neck on a 100 body. What was the neck pocket stamp? It's been reworked enough now you can't expect anything to be a positive, but if it has an unnumbered Ibanez neck plate that should make it a 100 body.
Gavdav75 likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Re: Help wanted - identify my guitar

There's no evidence of neck pocket stamp which leads me to think it is over sprayed (though professionally) It has to be said the routing in the body is pretty rough and not what I would expect of a Japanese made guitar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode