Herc Fede Swirl - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Herc Fede Swirl

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy a Herc Fede BMC swirl body. I'm planning on using my RG570 neck and hardware for the build because I want as much Ibanez components as possible.

My question is, roughly, what is a Herc Fede swirl body valued at? I'm looking at just under $1000 Canadian. It's a beautiful swirl on an aftermarket, alder, jem body. I just want to make sure I'm not over paying. The seller won't budge on price, so if it's priced too high, I'll likely let it go.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 05:18 PM

Re: Herc Fede Swirl

Is it clear coated ?
Even if it is its over priced imo. They really aren't collectors items but are a nice swirl ( usually ).
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

It is clear coated.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 08:15 PM

A little pricey but if the swirl is something you love then buy it
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 01:48 AM

I would say it's very overpriced. You should show us some pics.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 09:59 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

It's all relative. I've observed that people are eager to pay serious upcharges for "finish" and "decoration" and I see no end in sight as the market/audience ages. So you're asking is it worth paying $900-ish USD to upgrade a $600 axe (value of a used RG570 give or take.

It's really all about how much you want to spend for a custom project (unique 1-off).

Sure maybe a few bucks more than ideal but then again people are paying $1400 for indo JEMs and remind me again what is the cost of the UV PAW axes that aren't ATD? Good luck either way.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:29 PM

If you love it, then it's worth it, assuming it won't cause you financial distress. I wouldn't try to rationalize why it is or isn't worth it to others.

My personal perspective - I consider Darren, Herc, and Alan all equal masters of different art styles. Sadly, there is just not enough of their work out there, and there is slim to no chance of any more new stuff from the first and last I mentioned. Herc's, we have to be happy with historic creations. With that in mind, if you like it, probably better grab it. Chances will become slimmer and slimmer of finding them, as time passes.

7 string-wise, I have been grabbing everything I can find available, from all three. Price on the one you specified is less that many I have been grabbing.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Vendor

Actually Herc had a very prolific career. Cut short too soon of course, but there are alot of Hercs in the world. With any swirl, make sure it's the one for you. Or if you want a stable of them, just make sure it speaks to you. If it doesn't speak to you, pass until one does.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

That is great advice. I do really dig the swirl. It's the style swirl that I like. All of his pictures are fairly blurry, so I feel like the pics aren't doing it justice...

I love being able to use my 570 neck and hardware too.

http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/a...amite/herc.jpg
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:16 PM

Nice. If I were to sell my Herc 7 string swirl body it would be for $800USD
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

I decided to pass on it for now. I found a PAW Livewire swirl local to me. I snatched that up

Tags
herc fede , ibanez , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode