here's something different... put some glow in the dark strings on my Ibanez Jem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

here's something different... put some glow in the dark strings on my Ibanez Jem

As much as I dig my Jem... it's not as flashy as other Jems. I came across these DR glow in the dark strings. I put them on tonight... they sound pretty good so far, but feel kind of weird... we'll see though...

here's a before shot...

with the glow in the dark strings and a black light....

I'll post a review with a clip later this weekend...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Developer

Re: here's something different... put some glow in the dark strings on my Ibanez Jem

DAAAAYYYM... they look nice!

Can't wait to see the clip!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Re: here's something different... put some glow in the dark strings on my Ibanez Jem

Cool, where did you get them from?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 06:59 PM

very kool...i ve got the blue ones on my 91 770dxlb...but the colors peel off quick..but they do look great..ps thats a mighty fine jem you got there
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingmonkey View Post
Cool, where did you get them from?
Got them off of eBay. You can easily get them online
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM

i used them on my 7vwh. i found out quick that they are very tempormental. i usually stretch my strings as i tuned it up, totally ruined a set. couldnt get them to stay in tune to save my life! the G string and the E string would go flat after 3 mins of playing. (honestly i was doing quite a few dive bombs with the whammy lol) so basically i threw them out and started a new. (bought 3 sets out of the gate) got green, orange and pink)

so then i did the greens, didnt stretch em, and got them to stay in tune. the coating started to wear off so i put em away for a showcase gig. well, that never happend so i wanted to put them on my JS-100. i took the greens and mixed it with orange and alternated strings. Very awsome turn out!

i put up pics in the joe satriani model section under "my JS-100"

i gave the strings a mild rating of 5/10, maybe pushing up to 7/10 because of the fans checking my guitar out more. i sometimes feel shock value adds to a product. i mean, thats why we play JEM's! we are a bunch of show off's lol!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Put some on my VDY

Only problem I had was string balance, the G was either much louder or much quieter than the others (can't remember which) so went back to the gold plated ones I normally used, was probably a duff set as I've used the pink and blue without issue, slightly odd feel, but damn cool!
Jim
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackta7vwh View Post
i gave the strings a mild rating of 5/10, maybe pushing up to 7/10 because of the fans checking my guitar out more. i sometimes feel shock value adds to a product. i mean, thats why we play JEM's! we are a bunch of show off's lol!
hahaha... i totally understand. i might keep them on longer if i played out, but i don't... so the shock value(which is totally what I would use them for) is lost... probably the worst playing strings i've used in a long time.... but i dig the look

Tags
glow jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode