Hesitating to sell my DNA ( *yes :-( *) - the big trouble - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Hesitating to sell my DNA ( *yes :-( *) - the big trouble

Oh yes,

I'm hesitating, i own 3 Vai guitars(Jem 7vwh, DNA #010/300, UV 777P), one us Whasburn Dime and one Peavey Wolfgang (and a brandless strat).

Seriously, i don't have enough arm to play all those guitares and this kill me (i also need some money... i need a fridge and a new amp, G-force is also looking at me since some years).
I love all my guitars cause, as you know, you can fall in love with them, and when you sell one, it's just horrible.

All my guitars are different but you can notice that Jem and universe have my flavors, so why not sale another guitare ?

the dime is a beast (try one !)

the Wolfgang is maple neck :-) with Dtuner (usefull and cool for open tuning).

Finally i have to turn on Jems and sell one,
I had an RG7 in the past, i've got to sold it and regret it, so later i've bought a UV 777P, *i keep it :-)
The white Jem is a Guitar i've dreamed about for long years, and my first salary went in this one
The DNA is much better than my guitar play, i think the neck is a bit too thin, so what to do ?

Any advise from Jem lovers ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:05 PM

Reviews: 3
Hesitating to sell my DNA ( *yes :-( *)

Well... you can sell a wolfgang for enough money to get a decent fridge. *Any of the others will sell for enough to get you an amp AND a GForce maybe. *Point being... although all the guitars are different in their own right, you can most likely easily obtain any of them again in the future... however, something like a DNA is not only a collector's piece, but one of a kind. *Lot's of people don't want one around for that reason, but that'd also be my strongest reason for keeping it around.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:23 PM

D'accord! *On peut acheter une Jem7vwh anytime. *Ne vendes pas la DNA! *C'est mon avis.
* ~Adam
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 02:28 PM

I also own a VWH and a DNA. I would sell the VWH, cause if i regret i can purchase another. If you sell the DNA its not so easy. I personally would sell the Dime but i think its not easy to sell it and maybe its not that amount of $ you need. Its your problem, thats only my $0.02.
Wolfgang
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 07:46 PM

Which finish is your Wolfie?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:49 AM
rvj

I don't play my DNA, but I will never sell it. It's a lot of money invested in a guitar that does'nt get used, but I don't care. If an emergency were to happen and I needed cash, I'd sell one of my others. But if you feel that the neck is too thin, and you're not happy with it... Go For It!!! --rvj
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your answers,
you'r right i'd better sell the 7vwh, much more easier than catch a DNA #10, but for the DNA, i really think the neck is too thin (for my point of view that's evident but the guitar is great, and i hate to see a guitare unplayed, especially when this is a very good one

the Wolfgang is black finish, i will wait few days to decide.
Thanks to all
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 02:04 PM

Always sell what is the easiest to replace.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 09:07 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

I personally can't grasp the concept of selling a GUITAR to buy something like "rack gear" or a "g-force". Mostly because the rack gear becomes obsolete and "old" so fast, whereas the guitar will only get better with time. From a pure investment standpoint, the outboard gear is a money pit.

If you're not going to play the DNA and you can't readily afford to keep it as a collectable, then sell it along with another axe or two as you regroup and rethink your axes ...glen
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 03:56 PM

I'd cut an inch off my *****
to own a DNA!!! * Don't sell it!!! For god sakes, keep it!!!!!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 04:52 PM

glen, you said GUITAR and INVESTMENT in the same post! :laugh:

I'm not gonna defend rack gear as an invesntment (either), nor would I sell my DNA (if'n I had one) first, but if you need cash and having the rack gear is gonna give you greater satisfaction, why not make the trade? We've all got different priorities, and if the DNAs sitting, and you're not a collector at heart, then it may be the biggest cash cow in the herd...

my $0.02
-bill
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 01:58 AM

Keep the DNA and sell the WH or the UV. Getting a hold of a new WH or UV will be a snack if you want one later, but if you sell the DNA, you might never see one again...

Or get a second job and work 20 hours a day. Then you don't need to sell anything and can still obtain the G-Force.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 01:36 PM

this is something i have wrestled with too but i will never sell my DNA. *there are times when i have had enough of the tormeting and think....see ya.....you're going on ebay. *but i can't..... especially since my gf set it up to have steve vai sign it when i met him. *now i can't sell it. *

do what most have said here..... work more hours, OR sell what you can get back in the future. *if you aren't playing the DNA, it shouldn't matter if the neck is too thin or not. *if you aren't a collector or if you are a collector, this is a piece that is really the trophy. *the way i see it, it's something really important to me and i will not get rid of it unless it's a life or death issue, and even then, a lot of thinking and selling of other stuff would have to happen. *you won't find it again and if you do, you're paying more money maybe, and it's not yours! *it's going to be some other guys' that you are buying. *screw that! *if i'm paying big money for a guitar like that, i want to be the first owner. *

i wound up selling my jem90ham. *sweet guitar and i loved it but i didn't play it that much. *if i had to sell one or the other, well, no question, it's the 90ham that's going....and it did. *

good luck man.

i also agree on the rack gear stuff. *i wouldn't sell a guitar to acquire that. *i would only sell a guitar to help with silly debt or close on a house i really want, etc. *

(Edited by shredmaster at 1:54 pm on April 5, 2002)
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 04:07 PM
Vendor

Hey guys, you can stop, I already bought this guitar :biggrin:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 01:03 PM

Congrats Rich!
Sorry for you dimebug!

Tags
maple neck , peavey wolfgang , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode