Hey Jem Fans Im New here :) im getting A... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Hey Jem Fans Im New here :) im getting A...

Hello guys

im new to this place all though i have been to this jemsite alot over the past few months or so,
first off i think this place is great
i finaly found a place to chat to people who like the same guitars and style of playing as i like hehe

first off a little info about me

i was born in England
the moved to spain at the age of 6 and now i live on an Island called Mallorca its just off the coast of barcalona
and im 20 years of age

i have been playing the guitar for about a year and a half so im still very knew to the guitar world i have a Les paul Double cutaway guitar and a marshall amp.

but i am going to be getting a Jem7vwh and a Legacy Amp as when i first got the guitar lol i thought all guitars sounded the same lol wrong.. so i guess it was a mistake getting a Les paul DC i really dont like the sound of it at all its way to muddy for me
cant wait to get a Jem and a Legacy

So i am saving up for it ill be getting all that stuff with in a few months i hope as the price over here costs a lot for a Jem7v it costs 2800 dollers and for a legacy amp it costs 2000 dollers LoL
damn import tax but oh well

i thought this would be the best place to chat and to try to get to know a lot more about Jem and the up keep of them i have read all about that Tremlo Fly stuff and i was wondering if you really gotta be careful with that like you cant put your hand on it.. not that i would but i dont want to hit it out of wack or anything.

anyway thats it for now

thank you for your time

Regards

TrueFaith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:29 AM

Re: Hey Jem Fans Im New here :) im getting A...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith
Hello guys
HI!!!! Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
i have been playing the guitar for about a year and a half so im still very knew to the guitar world i have a Les paul Double cutaway guitar and a marshall amp.
I've never been a fan of the Gibson Les Paul DC models. What Marshall do you have?

Quote:
but i am going to be getting a Jem7vwh and a Legacy Amp as when i first got the guitar lol i thought all guitars sounded the same lol
Good choice on guitar, and amp.

Quote:
wrong.. so i guess it was a mistake getting a Les paul DC i really dont like the sound of it at all its way to muddy for me
cant wait to get a Jem and a Legacy
Sounds like an expensive mistake. The tone you want doesn't sound like it can be accomplished with the Les Paul...

Quote:
So i am saving up for it ill be getting all that stuff with in a few months i hope as the price over here costs a lot for a Jem7v it costs 2800 dollers and for a legacy amp it costs 2000 dollers LoL
damn import tax but oh well
GASP!

Quote:
i thought this would be the best place to chat and to try to get to know a lot more about Jem and the up keep of them i have read all about that Tremlo Fly stuff and i was wondering if you really gotta be careful with that like you cant put your hand on it.. not that i would but i dont want to hit it out of wack or anything.
Tremolo Fly stuff? Are you referring to the Floyd Rose style trems? If so then yes, you will need to be careful with your hand pressure and positioning otherwise the notes will go sharp. It will not mess it up forever though! It's not a tough task to adjust your playing... You might have more issues with figuring the positioning your fingers on the vine inlayed fingerboard and the difference in neck thickness vs. your Les Paul.

Gabe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi there thanks for the warm welcome yes i was talking about the floyd rose hehe sorry about that was a lazy mistake to make

yeah i know i did a huge!! whopsy lol getting a bloody Les paul DC you see i was into like very different music before i knew antyhing about the guitar i was into bands like KoRn Muse and all that i thought they was awesome guitar players lol

till i finaly got a guitar started playing then found guys like steve vai Yngwie malsteen paul gilbert all them amazing shredders and awesome artists that are master of there frets lol and i thought jeee lol that old music i use to like.. all though i like hearing i dont want to play it LoL and then got really into steve vai style so yeah i redoing everything again

tell me how differen is the neck of the JEM to a les paul DC
and the les paul DC was only 1300 dollers so that dont matter lol it will be good for backing i guess

and my marshal amp is lame it was like 300 dollors no head stack just an all in one amp and speaker

Regards

TrueFaith
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith
till i finaly got a guitar started playing then found guys like steve vai Yngwie malsteen paul gilbert all them amazing shredders and awesome artists that are master of there frets lol and i thought jeee lol that old music i use to like.. all though i like hearing i dont want to play it LoL and then got really into steve vai style so yeah i redoing everything again
Check out the artists from Jemfest.

http://www.jemfest.com

Quote:
tell me how differen is the neck of the JEM to a les paul DC
and the les paul DC was only 1300 dollers so that dont matter lol it will be good for backing i guess
I'm not an expert on the DC but if the DC neck is anything like a standard 50's style Les Paul neck (which I have 2 of), you'll notice the Jem neck will be MUCH thinner in profile. I prefer this anyway. The vwh does not have a painted neck so it feels faster, but they do clearcoat the back of the neck. I recommend sanding this off. The scale lenth is different as well. Jem's have a 25 1/2" scale length where as the Les Paul has a 24 3/4" scale length. The fingerboards on DC's I believe are rosewood. The VWH will be ebony, providing a harder, denser feel. I prefer rosewood myself... If the DC has a tilt-back neck like a Les Paul, you might notice a difference here. Your right hand will be sitting lower on the Jem vs. the Les Paul.

Gabe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Ah ok yeah i knew about the 2 octave neck thats a really good feature but i didnt know how different it would be..

that sounds great i all so like thiner necks as i have smallish medium hands

thank you very much for the info

and another thing have you recorded anything on your jem? like an steve vai songs and what Jem do you have? and whats your set up

id love to hear some

Regards

TrueFaith
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:08 AM

welcome, be prepared to spend a lot of time here! you will love your jem 7vwh. please try out the amp before you buy it. some people love it other people do not. i do not. it's not heavy enough for me (i don't mean i like to carry heavy things.....thought i would protect myself before one of the other guys gets me with it. )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:33 PM

Welcome welcome welcome, Congrats on your upcoming purchase!!!!!!!!

Tags
double cutaway , floyd rose , gibson les paul , guitar players , jem neck , les paul , marshall amp , paul gilbert , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

do attic fans really cool

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode