Hi guy's I'm back...here are the pics of DNA #285/300 - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 01:14 AM
Vendor

That's where we saw it the most, the avatar! Actually Australis took the pics and a bud sent them to me, I've never been to Oz, although I would love to go some day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 02:38 AM

I wanna go over to the States!! Especially NY and LA! Trust me - in Oz we have a crappy range of guitars - anything decent you have to order away for and then wait months! (eg rg3120)

I can only speak for Adelaide (South Australia) though - but im going to Sydney for a short trip mid June

Wilch: any recommendations as to what music stores to check out while i'm over?!!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
OK, just making sure because I'd have to say all mine are pretty freakin busy!
Of the ones in stock at Ibanez Rules at the moment...

Number 12 is my fave That's got some VERY busy bits to it. I think someone here just bought number 61 which is another absolutely GORGEOUS swirl
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 07:15 AM

Welcome back Wilch and congrats on that DNA. She's a beauty!!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
I wanna go over to the States!! Especially NY and LA! Trust me - in Oz we have a crappy range of guitars - anything decent you have to order away for and then wait months! (eg rg3120)

I can only speak for Adelaide (South Australia) though - but im going to Sydney for a short trip mid June

Wilch: any recommendations as to what music stores to check out while i'm over?!!
too true about nothing being "available" in Australia. A lot of the time we have to buy sight unseen/unheard/unplayed...same with hi-end audio. It's just a-shame really. I guess we can order pretty much anything in. Which is something....

Ummm...recommendations in sydney. I buy my gear from Turramurra Music mainly because I have a contact there that get's me gear for really cheap. But they don't really have anything "in stock" to try out.

Allans Music in the city always has something new. Last time I went in they had a new Music Man John Petrucci model hanging from the ceiling (15ft ceiling!!). They took it down and let me have a play...nice guitar they are, either this was *set-up* or they come out of the box setup nice and low. Surprisingly *easier* to play petrucci's (what I call ) "crazy single string acoustic stretches" without buzzing any of the other strings. He cheats I tell ya

Apart from that there's not really much else in the way of music stores in Sydney that I know of. I've stopped at many. There all pretty much same-old-same-old.

wil..
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:43 AM

How come the outerbox is 0001 and not same as guitar???
Didn't Charlie at Crazy's have it?
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMo
How come the outerbox is 0001 and not same as guitar???
Didn't Charlie at Crazy's have it?
/0001 is the delivery number or shipment number or something like that methinks. The guitar is 285/300, same with the certificate.

That number on the box....ummm....I dunno. I asked the same thing when I first saw it. Now I just assume it's an order or shipment or something to do with that type of number.

wil..

PS. who's charlie at crazy's???
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 12:13 PM
Vendor

All the boxes on almost every model say 0001, haven't found anybody that knows what it means yet.

Jono, NOT inventory, I was talking about "mine" btw, I *hate* #12!! LOL
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 01:07 PM
rvj

Congrats on the DNA!!! Nice swirl too, lots of bright neon. I also like the back which is mostly green, I have'nt seen one quite like that. Good Luck!!!
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 12:07 PM

Nice to see ya back Wilch.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:34 PM

Quote:
too true about nothing being "available" in Australia. A lot of the time we have to buy sight unseen/unheard/unplayed...same with hi-end audio. It's just a-shame really. I guess we can order pretty much anything in. Which is something....

tell me about it! I had to order my rg3120 without ever playing/seeing one!! Its ridiculous..... But thanks to jemsite, i was able to get some honest opinions about it and feel more comfortable about spending the cash on it ........... i've got another month to wait for her!!

Tags
dimarzio strap , john petrucci , john petrucci model , music store , petrucci model , strap lock , string acoustic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode