High tension springs for uv777bk - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

High tension springs for uv777bk

Hello everyone... Please I need help finding good high tension springs to my ibanez universe.. I have had this guitar for 2 years and I love the tone but the bridge is not what I was waiting for, I have an ibanez 350my with an edge zero II bridge and I love the bridge is easy to set up, it is very fluttery and it stays in tune perfect... What I love to do do is flutter all the time and the lo pro edge 7 bridge is almost zero flutter and not as perfect maintaining the guitar in tune like the edge zero 2 bridge.. I realise that the springs on the edge zero II are shorter what makes me think that I need high tension springs like the short springs on the ibanez edge zero II.. I wish you could help me guiding where I can find those high tension springs, I have the 52mm springs and I have read that 47mm springs are high tension but I see that the Edge Zero II springs are shorter that 47mm.I'd like to buy the edge zero springs but the head does not match on the universe... Please I really need I have more fun playing my Ibanez 350 than my universe and I have invested so much money on the universe and this really drives me crazy... I don't want to sell it because to get her have been really difficult to me... So please I really need some advice about making her more flutter and finding high tension springs... thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Vendor

Re: High tension springs for uv777bk

I always have them in stock. Email me.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 AM

I always cut them shorter.
Just cut a coil or two off and bend the next coil down so it can grab the claw again.

I play with tens so I need more tension on the springs.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your answer I will try to cut them until the next ones from rich comes... I just want to know if this really could be the proble... here is the image comparing the shorter spring from the edge zero 2 and the one on my universe that is 52mm I think..

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=27z9...8#.U6y_KxY3dZg

Will this shorter spring makes more flutter and tuning stability? I feel so bad because the tone of the universe is awesome but I wish it had a term like the edge zero... perfect in tuning and fluttery...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Vendor

Interesting idea using EZ springs on anything Edge, no doubt it will work, it's got to feel like an EZ if you use 2 of them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 05:30 AM

The EZ springs are too short for the UV.
What gauge strings are you using and are the tuned to standard tuning?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 07:15 AM

Reviews: 3

Flutter also needs perfect posts and knives; for some obscure reasons edges flutter better and longer than lo-pros. You are assuming the problem is on the springs and maybe not.

Tags
high tension , springs , universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode