How different is the jem 77fp compared to the jem7pbk? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
How different is the jem 77fp compared to the jem7pbk?

Wanted a JEM77fp(15th) for some time and was wondering how defferent it is compared to the JEM7pbk?. I would asume the 77fp is more like the jem7v as far as neck goes, but you people that played them all might have some good and usefull information on the subject.

Thanks in advance for replies/Maqify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 PM

Re: How different is the jem 77fp compared to the jem7pbk?

The PBK has a wizard neck. Completely different feel from the neck on the FP. The FP neck is fatter and more of a C shape, similar to an old Strat. The PBK neck is exactly the same profile as an RG550.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post
The PBK has a wizard neck. Completely different feel from the neck on the FP. The FP neck is fatter and more of a C shape, similar to an old Strat. The PBK neck is exactly the same profile as an RG550.

Hi there, yes the wizard neck is a very cool neck, very fast, that was the first thing i noticed on my PBK, never tried a fp, would you say that neck is close to a jem7 neck?. Guess i need to go and try out a jem7.

Regards/maqify
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

It is closer to a Jem 7VWH neck than a Wizard. I just compared all 3 to find out.....

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
It is closer to a Jem 7VWH neck than a Wizard. I just compared all 3 to find out.....

Hi there Alaskabat, thanks for replying, i thought that the fp and jem 7vwh would be more the same, have to say i really like the wizard neck because it's so easy to play on, but i could also get used to a fatter neck, but usually i find it more easy to play fast on my 7pbk, then for instance my JS-1, but that's natural i guess because the JS-1 neck is quite fat, must be like the fattest strat neck...not far from it anyway. I don't have very long fingers so i guess the 7vwh neck also would fit me. Btw did just look at your jem 7vwh in the classfilds, so you also have a fp....not a 2004 15th?.

Regards/maqify
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Hi there Alaskabat, thanks for replying, i thought that the fp and jem 7vwh would be more the same, have to say i really like the wizard neck because it's so easy to play on, but i could also get used to a fatter neck, but usually i find it more easy to play fast on my 7pbk, then for instance my JS-1, but that's natural i guess because the JS-1 neck is quite fat, must be like the fattest strat neck...not far from it anyway. I don't have very long fingers so i guess the 7vwh neck also would fit me. Btw did just look at your jem 7vwh in the classfilds, so you also have a fp....not a 2004 15th?.

Regards/maqify
My FP is not the anniversary model.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

There's no structural difference between the production and the 15th anniversay florals. The rest of the world didn't have the "15th anniversary" reissues of the FP as they were never discontinued, only imports to the USA stopped. In Europe and Japan they were available all the time...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
There's no structural difference between the production and the 15th anniversay florals. The rest of the world didn't have the "15th anniversary" reissues of the FP as they were never discontinued, only imports to the USA stopped. In Europe and Japan they were available all the time...

Hi Jono. Yes i have understood it was available in europe, I guess the 15th also got the edge and the older ones from the -90th got Low-Pro. In my opinion the 15th is a little more desireble guitar and must be easier to find one in better condition because it's newer.

/maqify
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Hi Jono. Yes i have understood it was available in europe, I guess the 15th also got the edge and the older ones from the -90th got Low-Pro. In my opinion the 15th is a little more desireble guitar and must be easier to find one in better condition because it's newer.

/maqify
Not necessarily, it comes down to how the owner treats it. I've seen newer Jemsite in worse shape than older ones. I think my LNG is proof of that.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Not necessarily, it comes down to how the owner treats it. I've seen newer Jemsite in worse shape than older ones. I think my LNG is proof of that.

Well i guess that's true. Have to keep my eyes open then for a nice one.

Tags
jem77fp , jem7pbk , jem7v-wh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode