How do you make the mirror pickguard look new? - Jem 7dbk - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

How do you make the mirror pickguard look new? - Jem 7dbk

i have the jem 7d and the pickguard is real scratched up, does anyone have some good tips that they can share? and have they worked with yurs? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 07:53 PM

Scratched pickguard

You could try plastic polish such as Novus or Meguiars; Novus, for example, comes in different grits. You can use sucesssively fine grits to polish out the scratches.

Test/practice on something similar before actually using on your pickguard.

Hope this helps.

wemedge
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 01:23 AM

Replace it? No matter what, you will forever have the marks. I tried on my old one to fix it up using micromesh stuff. It's actually made to polish lenses. That worked well, but it took forever, and I ended up just putting a new one on...lol Got a spare now though.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2003, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

ank where did u get it from and how much?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 01:42 PM

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

thanks but im not about to spend 76 bucks on a pickguard, and i just want a plain mirror like the origna anyways
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 01:44 AM

I work at a replair shop, and we've always had it shreddervai... drop me an email at [email protected] and I will ask tomorrow where the boss gets it and let ya' know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode