How i broke my first and only jem.... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

How i broke my first and only jem....

I bought my first and only jem in march of this year... i played 2 months... then one night I fight with my girlfriend and I drop the guitar to thr floor... then when I picked up.. I see the neck broken!!!!!...... men.... I was on stage.... The worse of it... was that I get mad and throw the guitar about 15 ft... and I live the guitar on the floor and walk away.... all the people look at me like... "what happen with this men???"....
Then my friends pick up my broken-new jem and put it in the case.... men I just cry a lot.... and my f***ng girlfriend was like nothing happen.....
I will never throw any guitar for any f*****g girl........ in the next time I will throw it in her head.......jeje.....
Now a friend fixed my jem... and I'm very happy again... and without a girlfriend...
When I have a picture of my fixed jem I'll show it to you guys.... it looks strange... because my friend use some... resin kind and the parts without wood it looks transparent... it look nice... and the guitar sound better than ever... and its perfectly in tune.....
Now I'm a very very happy men.....

jem & m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 05:13 PM

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2003, 07:45 PM

uhh yeah dude, sounds you have a serious problem, see if you can get yourself fixed too
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 05:04 AM

i believe the girl was the real problem
dont get me wrong, as sane as you can be, they can always make you turn hysterical

and yeah, no girl is worth your fav guitar? what jem btw? if its the vine white, the one which oughts to be babied, omg
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

the jem is a 7VSBL... a nice guitar.... and I'm not crazy... my ex-girlfriend turn me into... but now thats fixed too...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 11:45 AM

Holy moses thats some wacky stuff. Women cause lots of problems sometimes eh? Good to hear the guitar is in decent shape though, but its unsettling to know the neck on the VSBL snapped like a straw....although the following toss sure didn't help out either. Doesn't the VSBL have the bubinga strip reinforcment in the neck?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponxho
and I'm not crazy... my ex-girlfriend turn me into... but now thats fixed too...
and whoa, hope it was a clean fix lol
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 12:54 PM

Remind me to never argue with any of your posts!

Which Jem was it? Is it a current model so you can probably get a direct replacement if that is necessary? It'll be a set-back as you'd have to return the old neck.

Mike 777 Haug
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

the guiar is a jem7vsbl...........the neck broke like a stick, but my friend do a really good work and fixed... anyway i want to buy the original neck but people tell me that here in México is dificult to find... can anybody help me?... and what is the price....
thx
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 07:53 PM

Two words: luthier repair

Two more words: LGM Necks

And a two word suggestion: anger management
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 06:03 AM

Does LGM make necks now then?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2003, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M
Does LGM make necks now then?
Click the banner above.......
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 05:29 PM

NO WOMEN IS WORTH THAT!!!
They might drive us crazy, and making huge mistakes, and i say:
I can not promise that i wont do that too, even if i am the calmest guy around. When it snapos, it sure snaps (both the neck and the patience).

but still

No woman is f***in´worth it, man!!!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

yea men you are right.....
a question... where i can find LGM Necks?
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 02:03 PM

Try the LGM Guitars link at the top of the page. It's to the left just under the big, colorful Ibanez Rules link. I wonder who that Rich Harris guy is.

I read on this site that Ibanez will replace a neck (for $$, I'm sure) if you send them the broken one.

Tags
lgm guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode