Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How long before you finally got your first Jem

3K views 40 replies 33 participants last post by  JimboWizbo 
#1 ·
I know for me it took 16 years before I finally got a deal on one I could afford. I waited and waited and it finally paid off..

How long did you wait till you finally got your first Jem?

#6 ·
I've wanted a JEM since they first came out so like Deeswift, 19 years. Although I was never too hung up on really owning a JEM all that time. I was happy with my Strats and other guitars that came through my life. It wasn't until about two months ago that JEMitus struck and it just so happens I can afford one so my order is in. Needless to say I'm pretty f'ing excited about it. I kind of feel like I did when I was a 16 and I bought my first Squire Bullet and a 30W Marshall combo. Boy was that exciting! I'm there all over again but it's even better this time around. Can't wait to see UPS show up with it!

#10 ·
I think I would choose a J Custom now. RG8470 or something. While (old) JEM's are great and everything, I think there are better guitars out there for the money. I never liked the 7VWH, it's gross! :) But 77FP, BFP, 777DY, etc., those are the sh*t.

#20 ·
My White Jem 555 Left handed (you will never know the heartache and disappointment of being left handed and seeing only cheap guitars in stores when everyone else owns a JEM)

Anyway, I was browsing this site last week and I saw this really nice guy called Andre Fettouhi who was selling a white jem 555 LEFT HANDED !! WEll I couldnt resist, after a little negotiation, and me being skint, Andre agreed to sell me his 555 and this week since he posted it has been the longest of my life, jumping up every time I hear a truck go past, ringing the delivery office every day to see if it had arrived, online tracking of the parcel etc etc.

at 10am this morning a big beautiful box arrived, I ripped it open and there, in front of me, was my very own LEFT HANDED jem !!

I cannot express the joy and euphoric happiness that is singing in my soul as I type this. it is next to me now, whispering "come on keith, plug me in and play me, you know you want to!"

#21 ·
KeithH said:
My White Jem 555 Left handed (you will never know the heartache and disappointment of being left handed and seeing only cheap guitars in stores when everyone else owns a JEM)

Anyway, I was browsing this site last week and I saw this really nice guy called Andre Fettouhi who was selling a white jem 555 LEFT HANDED !! WEll I couldnt resist, after a little negotiation, and me being skint, Andre agreed to sell me his 555 and this week since he posted it has been the longest of my life, jumping up every time I hear a truck go past, ringing the delivery office every day to see if it had arrived, online tracking of the parcel etc etc.

at 10am this morning a big beautiful box arrived, I ripped it open and there, in front of me, was my very own LEFT HANDED jem !!

I cannot express the joy and euphoric happiness that is singing in my soul as I type this. it is next to me now, whispering "come on keith, plug me in and play me, you know you want to!"
:)

Regards

André

#25 ·
10 years, which is a nice round figure. I love the fact that I worked up to it.

I think if you get one in the first few years of playing you don't really get the "climb to the mountain top" type of feel you get like you would after playing cheap crap for 10 years, lol

I'm in "little boy with grown man's wallet" mode these days though. I'm on a good wage so I tend to buy up everything I ever wanted growing up (Jems... well, PGMs now ;) retro video games, etc.) :mrgreen:

#26 ·
Got my VWH last year :) I sold some stuff from my old hobby and that turned out to be worth quite a penny. * Hint *
I've been playing 24 years now, but only know about JEM's since '92 or so and i didn't even like them at first..
I played one in 1996 at got in love with their sound and playability ever since.
Now for my custom made Universe... That's another story ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.