How many shades of pink... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2003, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

How many shades of pink...

I can't seem to understand when pink is pink. I just got an FP with the requisite pink pups, knobs and tip and it all looks different than the new pink Dimarzios I put in my DY JEM - they seem to be "thin" as in more clear than color. The knobs & tip on the FP are more of a non-neon pink. The pups on the FP are the same through colored pink as the new ones in the DY but appear much brighter - or more color than the new ones, but the single coils on both sets are brighter than the hums . I also have a set that are non-f-spaced for my VSK that are white based and evenly pink between H-S & H?

Then I have a set of knobs I got from Simon that are the dark neon that were shown on earlier models of the FP.

None of these appear to be a fading issue. Just curious as to why there is no rhyme or reason to this. My vote would be to bring back the original matched white based pink - why did they change this to begin with?

Fading? If so, they all seem to fade over time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 04:17 PM

You are a racist, that's all. If everything isn't the color YOU think it should be, you are prejudice against it. When will we be able to look past color to the inner beauty? The coils, pots, and switches are all the same underneath, man.

Okay seroiusly you're right and it seems that no one at Dimarzio or other companies cares about the exact hue of a knob or a bobbin. If they did they'd do something about it. So we all think you're right, and they think we're all nuts because we're inspecting $5.00 knobs. So the last laugh is on.....who?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Yeah - $5 for the wrong color

And after all, they're all pink on the inside

But you made an interesting point - very few do care if the color matches, so why should the manufacturers? And if they don't care, well pink is pink matching or not.

I like the idea of restoring the original integrity of NOS parts to an older model, but what I find in many cases is "what WAS the original color?"
So on the FP I have, this is what they intended (I guess) and how it came off the line.

Like when I asked what the original knob color was on a VSK? I don't recall ever seeing a catalogue shot of one, only used & faded shots.
I when democratic and let the pictures vote - neon yellow was the majority, so yellow it is!

Now if I could just find a decent pair of 'em

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm an idiot about this crap, but I can't help it.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2003, 07:01 PM

And they all seem to fade at different rates from each other...........
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2003, 10:54 AM

On the 88 floral I had,it had a neon orange switch tip.Too bad they don't make that new plastic paint in neon colors .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 02:01 PM

Reviews: 3
Yeah the pink on my evo bridge is kinda clear not like the pink PAF pro's on the 777SK, VSK, VDY etc etc

but hey, pink is pink, it beats brown anyways
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 02:05 PM

wow I love philosophical questions!!!

the answer is (as always ) 42

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 02:09 PM

Reviews: 3
Even in the eternal question, pink or brown?

Tags
evo bridge , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode