How much does a 7VWH cost as new? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

How much does a 7VWH neck cost as new?

Started to think about how much a neck costs. Because I recently got mine that's in extra excellent condition, as you may see.

http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00787.JPG
http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00793.JPG
http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00799.JPG
http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00800.JPG
http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00801.JPG
http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00887.JPG

How much would YOU pay for that? Just curious and want to know if
it was such a bargain I think it was =)

One more pic for you
http://ameba.lpt.fi/~vilkmati/Sontaa/Osat/DSC00915.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My mistake. Forgot the word "neck" on the title.... Sorry!

Last edited by Ad_Astra; 04-08-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:25 PM

Re: How much does a 7VWH cost as new?

I paid $1,250 USD or 4,926.95 FIM for a super clean one around January 08 here in the USA...Not a Chibanez either! I would have to say that is the cheapest one I have seen. There have been a few for sale here at Jemsite for $1400 USD though. As a reference I paid $1,500USD or 5,685.80 FIM for a dead mint 1991 JEMFP like yours in Oct last year. Gear prices aren't very high right now in the states for used stuff...
MT
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
I paid $1250 USD or 4,926.95 FIM for a super clean one around January 08 here in the USA...Not a Chibanez either! I would have to say that is the cheapest one I have seen. There have been a few for sale here at Jemsite for $1400 USD though.
MT
Wow! That's quite a lot. I paid for mine quite a lot less than that. And it's real. At least I guess so. Such a good neck and better than the one on my 77FP.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM

For the states thats a good price. Id say the best you would get one for at say a Guitar Center would be $1,750 USD out the door, maybe even a little higher than that. The obvious decrease in value for yours is the paint job.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:39 PM
HDS

I sold one 2 months or so ago for $1200 and sold a Jem BSB for $1100 last month.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:41 PM

Reviews: 3

It's not a 7VWH, though. It's a 7VWH neck on an RG body, I don't know what I'd pay for it, but it wouldn't be comparable to the price you'd get for an all-stock Jem. Project guitars are rarely good investments if you're looking to re-sell, at least in comparison to the real-deal.

I'd bet it's a great player, though.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
It's not a 7VWH, though. It's a 7VWH neck on an RG body, I don't know what I'd pay for it, but it wouldn't be comparable to the price you'd get for an all-stock Jem. Project guitars are rarely good investments if you're looking to re-sell, at least in comparison to the real-deal.

Good catch, too many after work beers for me! I didn't even notice it wasn't just a repaint. Your right, probably a great player, but not even in the same league value wise.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post

Yepp. Ain't even considering selling the whole guitar. Just got all the parts together last week. It's a guitar to my taste. That's the bottom line. Didn't even want to try to turn it a Jem because it wouldn't be a Jem. Just asking about the neck.

Anyways, I've always been after bargains. I bought my '89 FP in 1999, I guess. Paid 4200FIM for it, which is about 700e ($1100).

For this Jem/RG project I got the body, Lo-Pro Edge, Gotoh tuners and saddle for 200e ($315). The neck was a surprise because I paid 250e for it (~$400)! And gave away one Evolution pickup. I also sold my previous guitarproject for 130e ($200). Cheap pups (GFS) and pickguard (RG550 b/w/b), too. Was such a cheap project! But I'll get some evolutions for that someday.

I don't mind if you keep on saying it's a Chibanez neck because I really think it is not. As real as you can get. Even with the truss rod =)

Comments/thoughts?

EDIT: And yeah! It's a hell of a player guitar. Haven't touched the FP since I got this new baby soldered together.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:05 PM

Who said anything about it being a chibanez neck?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
Who said anything about it being a chibanez neck?
No one. But without pictures and such a cheap price someone would surely think it is one.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad_Astra View Post
No one. But without pictures and such a cheap price someone would surely think it is one.
Ok, since no one actually said it I will. Gee that looks like a Chibanez. Did you buy it from carla1140 off fleabay? There happy now
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
Did you buy it from carla1140 off fleabay?
Yepp. But at that time she was a retired professional bicycle racer who'd broke her arm so couldn't play any more violin. So just for pity, her brother who knows Vai (and got a pre-prototype of the 7vwh from Steve) gave Carla the guitar to be auctioned so a little money would ease her pain and suffering.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad_Astra View Post
Yepp. But at that time she was a retired professional bicycle racer who'd broke her arm so couldn't play any more violin. So just for pity, her brother who knows Vai (and got a pre-prototype of the 7vwh from Steve) gave Carla the guitar to be auctioned so a little money would ease her pain and suffering.
No way!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:15 PM

At my GC in denver the 7vwh is for sale $2,799
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG462 View Post
At my GC in denver the 7vwh is for sale $2,799
Oh crap!!! We've been talking about different things all the time. I forgot to say "NECK" in the topic title :-$

So the neck of VWH...

EDIT: This is what you get when you're tired and have night shifts at work... Darn.
Closed Thread

Tags
gotoh tuners , ibanez neck , jem bsb , neck pickup , pro edge , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode