I can't believe this... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

I can't believe this...

musicians friend has 2 more vsbls in stock and i was going to get one but we couldn't get a platinum card . and i don't have the money to pay for it all.

however, a guy at guitar center has ordered in a7dbk from another store that i can get with the guitar center card which i already have.

i'm not sure what i should do. should i get a 2003 model(which my parents will make me put down about 1000 which will take me more than 6 months to get) or should i go with the dbk at 700? the only thing that i really liked about the vsbl what the neck on it. i like everything else about each of them about the same, and i could always pay jeremy to put vince inlays in and still have about 700 dollars left over if i don't buy the vsbl or vwh.

i'm leaning at getting the dbk now. i like the sounds, feel, and look of both. i'm not sure though. what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2003, 11:58 PM

Having worked at G.C. many moons ago for about two years, try this... If you are not opposed to having last year's model with the lo-pro edge trem, you can go to G.C. and ask them to do a chain-wide search on the computer for the VSBL. See if any are in the U.S. that are last year's model, and see if they are trying to get rid of them for the new one with the new bridge. I don't know if it will help any, but try it. They do inter-store transfers all the time, and may give you a break on a model they wanna move.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

they are doing the in store transfer on the dbk. i was talking to a guy at guitar center on saturday and he said that none of the guitar centers carry the vsbl so i wouldn't be able to get it transfered
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 12:03 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
not to be a downer, but i don't think you should buy either guitar, at either price, if you have to pay it monthly or go in CC debt... glen
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

what i planned on doing was paying 400 up front. guitar center is having a don't pay for 15 months thing and i was going to pay off the remaining amount before the payments and interest started.i could easily pay off the 300 in the 15 months
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 02:24 AM
rvj

Hey J... I sold the 7VWH you played Saturday, yesterday afternoon.
The guy bought an RG Sunday, but really wanted the VWH and came back for it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

i bought an rg570 back in november and i'm coming back for a jem now . and i've decided to get the 7DBK.

so did the guy return the rg570 or is he keeping both of them?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 11:09 AM

Re: I can't believe this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman219
the only thing that i really liked about the vsbl what the neck on it. i like everything else about each of them about the same, and i could always pay jeremy to put vince inlays in and still have about 700 dollars left over if i don't buy the vsbl or VWH

Hmmmm, Motley Crue inlays of Vince in a Jem, I don't know, I think it'd look a bit funny hehehehe.

I say go for the DBK at that price IMO. Even if you do get me to do some "vince" inlays, you'll be money ahead and have a very cool guitar. At that much less, you could do the inlays, and swap the pickups if you wanted to for less (which I only mention because I'm not a big fan of Breeds)

Tags
edge trem , motley crue , pro edge , pro edge trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode