I can't take it. - jem, uv - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

I can't take it. - jem, uv

I don't know. I have a nice UV777bk. Really good shape and plays well.

Lately I have be fixated on the Jem7vwh. To the point I want to trade it in and put down a little more for a used/new jem7vwh. Anyone know a place where this can happen? All guitar stores rip you off on trade ins. Espacially since this guitar is still really good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

I can't take it.

jeez 37 views not one reply :P
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 08:15 PM

I can't take it.

Prolly your best place to do this would be right here at our very own little Jemsite community. *Put up your UV on the buy/sell page (for UV's and JEM's, not in the forum) and decide what difference you are willing to pay. *Then make the deal, UV777BK + $???? for trade. *You might be surprised at what you find. *If that doesn't work, there are JEM7VWH's on ebay regularily, you can always privately sell your UV and e-buy a JEM. *Personally, I'd wait, put the $$$'s together and buy a JEM and keep the UV if at all possible, I think you'd have some regret selling your UV at some point.
Just my $.02
Jeremy
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

I can't take it.

hhehe yeah i was thinking of saving for the Jem... but man 1400 (rich's price i believe) is a lot for an 18 year old with car payments/insurance/ college...

Anyone want to donate one?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 08:13 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
I can't take it.

Quote:
hehe yeah i was thinking of saving for the Jem... but man 1400 (rich's price i believe) is a lot for an 18 year old with car payments/insurance/ college...Anyone want to donate one?
Buy a used JEM ...glen
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 09:18 PM

I can't take it.

Yup, it is alot, I know, I'm in school = no income.
Car payments = $1300 Canadian / month
Insurance = $320 Canadian / month
rent = $450 / month
food = $$$'s
gas = $$$'s
girlfriend = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s
blah blah blah blah blah = $$$'s
but here's a secret, *put your name up in a couple of music stores if you want to fill in for a couple bands on weekends or something. *I filled in for one band for 3 weekends and it covered my car payment and insurance payment for that month. *You won't alway like the music, but playing is playing. *And besides, the human body can live on bread and water for a long time in order to fund guitars!!!! hehe
Good luck man, I know if you put your mind to it, you'll find something.
Jeremy
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

I can't take it.

i would take a used one... but like, you knwo how you can get screwed. I really think ill save up and order one from rich.... why can't people have payment plans...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 11:51 PM

I can't take it.

Payment plans?
two words,
credit card
hehe

Jeremy
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 04:07 PM

I can't take it.

Quote:
, the human body can live on bread and water for a long time in order to fund guitars!!!!
I found that spaghetti and ketchup is the cheapest way to live. That diet took me through university while building my record collection. :biggrin:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 04:45 PM

I can't take it.

spaghetti and ketchup!!! *what a great idea!!! *Thanx man, I'm gonna try that this week at school! *I'm really sick of Kraft dinner, though I think I know about 100 ways to make it now! *hehe
Jeremy
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 08:04 PM

I can't take it.

no i like the cold chips (or 'fries' as you american or canadian people like to call them) *with brown sauce for my breakfast, my gut loves it and keeps me awake all day.

anyway, sorry this isn't isn't a dietery page.

yeah man, have both of them *(guitars!)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2001, 09:58 PM

I can't take it.

Hey swig, that reminds me of the cold pizza left over after a party -- that's a classic breakfast!

Don't sell your UV! I almost sold mine because of space, but knew I would regret it. It's a great guitar and would look fab next to a VWH.

my 2 cents
Eric

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode