I.D. 'ing a Satch... - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Re: I.D. 'ing a Satch...

Ryan-
How does one date the body? And again, I'm asking, if it had an Edge pro trem in the body once before, why can't we put one back in it? Again, not being nasty, but rather, I don't know and need to know before I drop money once again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Was there a different Edge tremolo on Black Pearl bodies before the Edge Pro?
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:54 PM

(just) Edge, or Lo Pro Edge, I guess. The new Edge Pro's did NOT have locking studs, so it could be that checking inside the trem posts, or pulling them and checking the ends will confirm if it used to have an Edge/Lo Pro
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
(just) Edge, or Lo Pro Edge, I guess. The new Edge Pro's did NOT have locking studs, so it could be that checking inside the trem posts, or pulling them and checking the ends will confirm if it used to have an Edge/Lo Pro
Okay...
can you give me more details? should I do this? I'm open to doing this if it doesn't cause damage. I can take pics, if needed.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Black Pearl bodies in 2002 and earlier were Lo Pro Edge ... after were Edge Pro. The Lo Pro came with locking studs while the Edge Pro did not. Whether an edge still fits or not I don't know, but it has been suggested here that the route was modified/filled in such a way as to make that no longer work. You'll have to check out the dimensions of your route and see what will still work. You should be able to date it from the serial number on the headstock ... assuming that this is the original neck for this body.

Locking studs have smaller set screws down inside the stud ... a 1.5mm allen wrnech fits them.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 08:25 PM

Looks exactly like my JS1000
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 04:40 PM

just slap an ofr on it i did that with an s470 i bought that had the lo-trs II in it no problems fitting in at all.
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Reviews: 2

Get a lo pro, I used to have a guitar with Lo-trsII, upgraded to lo pro, with no need of routing the wood

Tags
allen wrench , cosmo hardware , dimarzio pickup , ibanez trem , locking stud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode