I DID IT!!! - I ordered the Jem 7VWH today! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

I DID IT!!! - I ordered the Jem 7VWH today!

After years of drooling over Jem's and UV's and too much indecision between the 7VWH and the UV777BK, today, in a impulse, i decided to order the 7VWH! Yes, i will be broke, and yes, i will still regret the damn UV777BK, but i couldn't take this any longer. The lovely looks of the VWH won over the extra 7-string of the UV. Maybe in the future i can afford to buy the UV777BK, but for now, i just can afford one guitar, and i decided for the VWH.

And i am in a mixed feelings bag... In one side, i'm extremely happy because i'll get one of my dreams guitars and the finest Jems. But for the other, i feel taht sad feeling of loosing another, the UV777BK and the possibility to play a 7-string.

Anyway, i was carrying this indecision for a couple of years and i driving nuts. Today i just got sick of this and decided to do it. And i ordered the VWH. I hope i will *not regret it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 10:22 AM

I DID IT!!!

Congrats on the acquisition!

Don’t worry. There are many UV777PBKs around. I think they will be easy to find for a few years. Start saving again.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

I DID IT!!!

I guess you're right, Bob. I can always buy the UV later.

I just feel a little sad because i had to "loose" one guitar. It's a bit strange, i'll have a new guitar and i'm happy. By the other, i'm sad because i'll not get the UV777... oh well, i guess that the best would be to buy the two right now!!!

Anyway, the guy said to me that my VWH would come by the end of this week or at the begining of the next one... and i just can't wait to put my hand in that beauty!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 05:44 PM

I DID IT!!!

I have both the 7vwh and uv777pbk and I feel that the VWH is more of a looker than the UV. *They both play incredible. *Cut your teeth on the Jem and move up to the 7. *
Congrats,
Gregory
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2001, 06:10 PM

Reviews: 5
I DID IT!!!

congrats. *I've had my 7VWH for 3 years now and I have yet to regret a single penny I spent. *Well, maybe the pennies that were tax, but that's it
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 06:23 PM

I DID IT!!!

Congrats... I know the feeling. I got my VWH about a month or so ago... received my DBK today and UV777BK arriving next week. I'm totally broke but I'm addicted ... *:biggrin:

You will not regret when you get your 7VWH. It's the most awesome thing.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:14 AM

I DID IT!!!

the UV is awesome, i like its looks more than any jem UV to date (except for THE swirl). *but the tone of the 7v is just unstoppable. *try as i may, i have never been able to get the tone of the UV to even get close to that of the 7v-----changed pickups, everything, but it just wouldnt happen. *probably has most to do with the difference in alder and basswood.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 03:39 PM

I DID IT!!!

And the neck size with the 2 truss rods might have a difference in sound.

Tags
truss rod , truss rods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode