I dropped $1600 this past week... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I dropped $1600 this past week...

and ended up with the following:

Jem 7VPBK
Jem 777VBK
Jem 777DY

Is it me or do these older guitars just feel more solid and comfortable than the new ones. I have a 7VSBL, and I love the feel of these older ones much more. Anyone got any insight as to why? I mean, I think I like these more than my EBMM Petrucci.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 11:52 PM

sounds like you made off like a bandit
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 11:54 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: I dropped $1600 this past week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agquake
Is it me or do these older guitars just feel more solid and comfortable than the new ones.
Never underestimate the feel of a "broken in guitar", especially one that was well made like these. enjoy the axes... glen
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Glen,

Was there a different manufacturing process back then? I also think I remember reading something about Ibanez guitars being made in the PRS factory at some point. Does that hold any water?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 12:00 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
they were made is the same factory in japan as they are now. maybe a bit more individual TLC was given, being that Japan was having to "prove itself" but then again the manufacturing process has dramatically improved since the late 80s. i just think good guitars age well and take years to get broken in to what you have described... can't get that fresh off the boat and right on the shelf IMHO... glen
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 01:01 AM

LOL Ibanez guitar being made in the PRS factory...THAT is a good one!
Thanks...I needed a good laugh!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

here we go again...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 03:31 AM

Re: I dropped $1600 this past week...

Quote:
and ended up with the following:

Jem 7VPBK
Jem 777VBK
Jem 777DY

Is it me or do these older guitars just feel more solid and comfortable than the new ones. I have a 7VSBL, and I love the feel of these older ones much more. Anyone got any insight as to why? I mean, I think I like these more than my EBMM Petrucci.
congrats on the new toys

wil..
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 08:43 AM

Quote:
here we go again...
LOL Don't be such a drama queen.

That's simply one of the most ridiculous things I've heard to date. However, it wouldn't be much of a shock if the import PRS Santana & Tremonti models and the Korean-made Ibanez' were made in the same facility. That might almost make sense.

Definitely a nice score on the (3) new JEMs though...at that price you just can't go wrong!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 09:50 AM

Nice job on the triple score! Wise use of your money. And yes the older Jems are very sweet compared to alot of the newer ones. I can't quite put my finger on it but know exactly what you are talking about............old Jems still rock!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 10:47 AM

Just curious, what's a JEM7VPBK? I've never seen a JEM with both Vine and Pyramid inlays
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 10:53 AM

I think you mixed up the VBK and the PBK.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Just a typo Two Hands....just a typo. I meant PBK as Ibatuer just pointed out.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
Quote:
here we go again...
LOL Don't be such a drama queen.

That's simply one of the most ridiculous things I've heard to date. However, it wouldn't be much of a shock if the import PRS Santana & Tremonti models and the Korean-made Ibanez' were made in the same facility. That might almost make sense.

Definitely a nice score on the (3) new JEMs though...at that price you just can't go wrong!
I was actually told that Samick is the one that owns nearly all of the facilities in Korea, and I think he actually mentioned (though I can't recall exactly) that Ibanez may have been one of the companies Samick produces for... and if PRS is cranking out only two lines, it wouldn't make sense to set up a whole new factory...
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 02:35 PM

Yeah...it's not exactly a secret that Cort and Samick do nearly all of the production of Korean-made guitars. It's also common knowledge that Ibanez' Korean product is contracted out to one of the two. Same with Epiphone, PRS, Hamer, etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
ebmm petrucci , ibanez guitars , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode