I dug my own grave - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 06:26 PM

Re: I dug my own grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
NYC is descending into madness. I have three kids, one is 2 and she's autistic. They canceled schools til April 20th for now. Luckily my girl's school will still take her if I drive her there (bussing is over though), it's in manhattan and I pick her up. We will see if that changes...NJ issued a state wide curfew 8pm-5am no non emergency travel. NY shut down all bars, restaurants, and you can't have gatherings of more than 10 people.
I'm in Northern California - Bay Area. We're all on lockdown here. Can't leave home except to get groceries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by califj View Post
I'm in Northern California - Bay Area. We're all on lockdown here. Can't leave home except to get groceries.
Oh it's coming to NYC. Just not sure which day
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-22-2020, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Sounds crazy... I've been following it on the news, but hadn't heard about the curfew yet. It hasn't been too bad yet here in Kansas, we're typically a bit behind the coasts anyway. I work in a hospital though... and now we have people coming in for testing, entrances are screening visitors and employees, etc... I could handle some self-quarantine playing time!

When I think of the courage of healthcare workers during a crisis, Big Bird riding in a horse-drawn carriage has never come to mind. However, in the future, I think it will be the only thing that comes to mind.
FireEagle likes this.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 06:40 PM

Lol omg...haha
25 guitars here and one of the many reasons why I kicked my ex to the curb was..
It's ok for you to buy buy buy whatever you want only to hord it in the closet but I can't have my guitar museum.. Again 1 of the many reasons and best is the Axe's in the collection do not talk back 🙂
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem-Rbm24 View Post
Lol omg...haha
25 guitars here and one of the many reasons why I kicked my ex to the curb was..
It's ok for you to buy buy buy whatever you want only to hord it in the closet but I can't have my guitar museum.. Again 1 of the many reasons and best is the Axe's in the collection do not talk back 🙂
I don't even know, but my number is above 30. I have a list.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:34 AM

I'm getting close to 30, but my "collection" is a bit more diversified - with a bias towards JS's. Nothing close to 22 JS's (I think I'm at 10) - but I totally get wanting a different color.

-sc-
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:50 AM

Dade city been there a few times. Nice town! Yes for me Jem's Uv's ,Rbm2nt. Js 1000's and 90-95 Jackson's Professional Pro models.
Spread it out for variety
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobe View Post
Sorry man, I hope things calm down soon, and that your family is safe. Much the same out here in Oregon. No gatherings larger than 10 people, bars and restaurants closed - take out/delivery only. Its pretty surreal. Stay safe, and congrats on the new guitar!

Yeah man, you guys in NY - wow I really feel sorry for you. I also live in Portland. Right on the Portland Gresham line. Out here you go anywhere and it seems like everyone has a sign over their head stay the F away from me. Stores are wiping down carts every chance they get, people bring their own wipes and my wife doesn't want to let anyone in our house without a hazmat suit. She's totally paranoid. I think Portland has been pretty cognizant on keeping clear and clean for the most part more than most maybe.

I can't wait until I hear you New Yorkers are on the downswing of bad news. Right now me and almost everyone I know has seen our income drop to zero (we're all in the music business). So this crap needs to get over with.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-29-2020, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafsoundguy View Post
Yeah man, you guys in NY - wow I really feel sorry for you.

I can't wait until I hear you New Yorkers are on the downswing of bad news.
Yeah, it's very bad here. We are just doing our best.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deafsoundguy View Post
Right now me and almost everyone I know has seen our income drop to zero (we're all in the music business). So this crap needs to get over with.
“Social distancing” effectively eliminated all demand and all supply for anything involving music and people and it took about 1 day to do it. This virus certainly disrupted many industries in terrible ways but music was down before it heard the shot proverbially speaking. I understand why it needed to happen though.

Observations:
COVID-19 has created the unusual problem of healthy people risking their health by interacting with other healthy people. Asymptomatic people are both healthy and contagious at the same time which is really not helpful.
3M N95 respirators are in short supply and are reserved for medical workers. This suggests they are effective.
The social distancing measures are in effect through April 30th now.

Thoughts:
Everything I am going to say would be difficult to do, might fail, might succeed, and have been thought of I am sure.
- Would you wear a N95 respirator if it allowed you to return to something close to normal life? I realize it does not solve all problems but it would significantly lower the risk of airborne particles caused by people sneezing, coughing, breathing, from reaching your mouth and nose, which according to the CDC is one way the virus is transmitted. It seems it would also keep your airborne particles to yourself. Again, this is not perfect but if it made a significant difference, would you be willing to wear them so you could be in public with other people?
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
“Social distancing” effectively eliminated all demand and all supply for anything involving music and people and it took about 1 day to do it. This virus certainly disrupted many industries in terrible ways but music was down before it heard the shot proverbially speaking. I understand why it needed to happen though.

Observations:
COVID-19 has created the unusual problem of healthy people risking their health by interacting with other healthy people. Asymptomatic people are both healthy and contagious at the same time which is really not helpful.
3M N95 respirators are in short supply and are reserved for medical workers. This suggests they are effective.
The social distancing measures are in effect through April 30th now.

Thoughts:
Everything I am going to say would be difficult to do, might fail, might succeed, and have been thought of I am sure.
- Would you wear a N95 respirator if it allowed you to return to something close to normal life? I realize it does not solve all problems but it would significantly lower the risk of airborne particles caused by people sneezing, coughing, breathing, from reaching your mouth and nose, which according to the CDC is one way the virus is transmitted. It seems it would also keep your airborne particles to yourself. Again, this is not perfect but if it made a significant difference, would you be willing to wear them so you could be in public with other people?
I know I started this, but I don't want my thread to turn into this. This is a very serious thing we are going through in NY and I kind of don't want to go through this kind of thing here. Maybe there can be a separate COVID thread somewhere else. I don't want mine to be that. We are dealing with a lot here in Brooklyn. Let's talk about guitars. Sorry. We have a lot of stress here in the heart of the pandemic. I can't handle this turning in to the covid speculation thread which will lead to the conspiracy theory thread etc. Admins? I don't even mind deleting the original post. Sorry guys. You don't know what it's like for us here.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:36 AM
Vendor

Unfortunately this is where we are talking about it, guitars are a distraction, this is real life. [except to all you professional players of course]

I always wondered if someday we'd look like we lived in Beijing.

They're expensive right now, I bought 30 today, she may be a rahab nurse but she gets junk that's for show, they have to wear a mask but it wouldn't stop anything and it completely unsealed. evrey medical facility is a place where there are alot of people and there's no way you can be in medicine and by 6' away from anybody. Normally you could buy them for $4 but they're $10-$20 each, depending on if you can catch the right bulk deal.

The ones with exhalation ports aren't going to stop you from spreading it but the unvalved ones would. Except that everything about you is contaminated. It's liking on my leather for 2 days, you buckles for 3, your clothes for up to a day. Every hard surface you touch that's been touched by alot of people is infected for 3 days. I go to PT everything I touch is beings sprayed and sanitized after I'm done, including the pen I sign my receipt with, you throw it in the trash.

We're in a climate that I have to assume you're infected and you have to assume I am, and we feel just fine. They're worried about basketball season, Baseball? Football could end up cancelled, they're racing virtual game on race day!!!

We live in a very different world. I fully expect that no matter what competence level there was in charge this was going to end up getting us, but we have the most cases in the world and are behind everybody else in preparedness. It doesn't help that people will just not ****ing listen. My grandaugter came down 2 weeks ago and an hour into the visit tells me their best friends had just had it and said it was like a bad cold, they weren't worried in the least. So I've been self isolated for 13 days, I'm 98.6. I think I skirted it [knock wood]Virus parties, at least 3 I heard of where somebody tested positive after one. Sometimes I wish I'd just catch it and get it over with, but then who even wants a bad cold, much less what it can possibly do.

So lets send grandpa back to work as the greater at Walmart, and all the workers in environments just begging to spread virus, just so the economy starts again. The good news to you young guys is if it kills enough of us boomers you've got a shot at a Social Security check.

This has the possibility of diapering in a month, to the possibility it collapses the entire system, the whole world. 2 tril? Maybe 10 tril for the US. So what, we each owe $400,000 to the national debt as it is, what's another $150***. Forgive your mortgage for 3 months now everybody living paycheck to paycheck is going to be in foreclosure before they can even get back on their feet. It's 2008 on steroids since they repealed Dodd Frank and Glass Steagall and all your pension and savings account are back in the plunging market. Depression, total economic collapse when the insurance companies can't pay the load and collapse, the banks are down, nobody has any money to buy anything anyway, or pay your bills. You certainly don't want to be in an airplane without a hazmat suit on, how many restaurants can survive?

With at least of most of America finally starting to get it it's going to slow that curve but IMO it's going to be a sign wave, speeding up and slowing down, and over again. You can only relate to the Spanish 1918, but everybody forgets it was the 1918 to 1920 flu. We know more now but we put too much faith in science bailing us out, just like they'll be able to save the planet. Sometimes you need a good pandemic to thin the herd, as the earth cannot support the amount of people, culling the population 5% can only help it.

Interesting times.

To your question, I'd wear a mask, but the data shows most of the pear to pear transmission is by touching infected surfaces and infecting yourself by picking your nose or etching your eye. Anybody stop picking your nose?
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I always wondered if someday we'd look like we lived in Beijing.

They're expensive right now, I bought 30 today, she may be a rahab nurse but she gets junk that's for show, they have to wear a mask but it wouldn't stop anything and it completely unsealed. evrey medical facility is a place where there are alot of people and there's no way you can be in medicine and by 6' away from anybody. Normally you could buy them for $4 but they're $10-$20 each, depending on if you can catch the right bulk deal.

The ones with exhalation ports aren't going to stop you from spreading it but the unvalved ones would. Except that everything about you is contaminated. It's liking on my leather for 2 days, you buckles for 3, your clothes for up to a day. Every hard surface you touch that's been touched by alot of people is infected for 3 days. I go to PT everything I touch is beings sprayed and sanitized after I'm done, including the pen I sign my receipt with, you throw it in the trash.

We're in a climate that I have to assume you're infected and you have to assume I am, and we feel just fine. They're worried about basketball season, Baseball? Football could end up cancelled, they're racing virtual game on race day!!!

We live in a very different world. I fully expect that no matter what competence level there was in charge this was going to end up getting us, but we have the most cases in the world and are behind everybody else in preparedness. It doesn't help that people will just not ****ing listen. My grandaugter came down 2 weeks ago and an hour into the visit tells me their best friends had just had it and said it was like a bad cold, they weren't worried in the least. So I've been self isolated for 13 days, I'm 98.6. I think I skirted it [knock wood]Virus parties, at least 3 I heard of where somebody tested positive after one. Sometimes I wish I'd just catch it and get it over with, but then who even wants a bad cold, much less what it can possibly do.

So lets send grandpa back to work as the greater at Walmart, and all the workers in environments just begging to spread virus, just so the economy starts again. The good news to you young guys is if it kills enough of us boomers you've got a shot at a Social Security check.

This has the possibility of diapering in a month, to the possibility it collapses the entire system, the whole world. 2 tril? Maybe 10 tril for the US. So what, we each owe $400,000 to the national debt as it is, what's another $150***. Forgive your mortgage for 3 months now everybody living paycheck to paycheck is going to be in foreclosure before they can even get back on their feet. It's 2008 on steroids since they repealed Dodd Frank and Glass Steagall and all your pension and savings account are back in the plunging market. Depression, total economic collapse when the insurance companies can't pay the load and collapse, the banks are down, nobody has any money to buy anything anyway, or pay your bills. You certainly don't want to be in an airplane without a hazmat suit on, how many restaurants can survive?

With at least of most of America finally starting to get it it's going to slow that curve but IMO it's going to be a sign wave, speeding up and slowing down, and over again. You can only relate to the Spanish 1918, but everybody forgets it was the 1918 to 1920 flu. We know more now but we put too much faith in science bailing us out, just like they'll be able to save the planet. Sometimes you need a good pandemic to thin the herd, as the earth cannot support the amount of people, culling the population 5% can only help it.

Interesting times.

To your question, I'd wear a mask, but the data shows most of the pear to pear transmission is by touching infected surfaces and infecting yourself by picking your nose or etching your eye. Anybody stop picking your nose?
I don't have an issue with this response, but opening up to public ideas on this and me getting notified is just not ideal. Maybe I can just shut off the notifications.

Edit: I think I successfully turned of the notifications...

Last edited by OCDemon; 03-30-2020 at 04:46 AM.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:52 AM
Vendor

You have every right, let's do this right.

Talk to continue here.

https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f13/c...ou-165643.html
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

I can just see it going south where some guy in Nebraska says something that is insensitive to what I'm dealing with here in Brooklyn but anyway, I am no longer notified so you guys can have at it. My issue is just, am I gonna get a bunch of emails that are gonna set me off. May the JSCVD-19 thread live on...

Tags
ibanez js , js2450 , wife

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode