I dug my own grave - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

I dug my own grave

So...I bought a JS2450MCB from Rich, had my eye on one for a very long time. I thought I was slick...ship it to a friend, wife doesn't know, then be like, going to the studio and come home with the case and be like, oh that was at the studio. Good plan. I live in Brooklyn. COVID-19 is happening. I can't go pick it up. The studio guy said he'd drop it off, but that won't work if my wife is home. It's OK. It can wait for another time...it's not going anywhere...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3986.jpg (777.4 KB, 159 views)
tobe and FireEagle like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Re: I dug my own grave

Ibanez JSCVD19 coming summer NAMM 2020. You can buy it, but you shouldn't...
FireEagle likes this.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Also in the upper left hand corner is my Ibanez 1977 Les Paul that I leave at the studio (cuz I hate Les Pauls) The studio guy loves it, so I was like, it's just gonna sit in a case, you can be it's foster parent.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 10:24 AM

Ha ha... tried to be sneaky, eh? That's a beauty though, worth the wait. Good luck getting it quickly and safely!

The virus is starting to affect everything, even causing the cancellation of Daytona flattrack racing and Supercross. So I spent my Saturday night jamming along with some old Judas Priest live in San Bernadino on youtube with my the old 540S, just for fun. We will survive!! (knock on basswood)
tobe and OCDemon like this.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

NYC is descending into madness. I have three kids, one is 2 and she's autistic. They canceled schools til April 20th for now. Luckily my girl's school will still take her if I drive her there (bussing is over though), it's in manhattan and I pick her up. We will see if that changes...NJ issued a state wide curfew 8pm-5am no non emergency travel. NY shut down all bars, restaurants, and you can't have gatherings of more than 10 people.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
NYC is descending into madness. I have three kids, one is 2 and she's autistic. They canceled schools til April 20th for now. Luckily my girl's school will still take her if I drive her there (bussing is over though), it's in manhattan and I pick her up. We will see if that changes...NJ issued a state wide curfew 8pm-5am no non emergency travel. NY shut down all bars, restaurants, and you can't have gatherings of more than 10 people.
Sorry man, I hope things calm down soon, and that your family is safe. Much the same out here in Oregon. No gatherings larger than 10 people, bars and restaurants closed - take out/delivery only. Its pretty surreal. Stay safe, and congrats on the new guitar!
OCDemon likes this.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobe View Post
Sorry man, I hope things calm down soon, and that your family is safe. Much the same out here in Oregon. No gatherings larger than 10 people, bars and restaurants closed - take out/delivery only. Its pretty surreal. Stay safe, and congrats on the new guitar!
Stay home a lot, wash your hands, play guitar, don't panic. Best wishes to the whole Jemsite community!
tobe likes this.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:

Sounds crazy... I've been following it on the news, but hadn't heard about the curfew yet. It hasn't been too bad yet here in Kansas, we're typically a bit behind the coasts anyway. I work in a hospital though... and now we have people coming in for testing, entrances are screening visitors and employees, etc... I could handle some self-quarantine playing time!

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Thank you, you are on the frontlines, my brother is a surgeon. Ain't no working from home for him. They divide the staff into two teams, they alternate days and they are forbidden from interacting with the other team to reduce exposure just in case
FireEagle and Deafsoundguy like this.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Sounds crazy... I've been following it on the news, but hadn't heard about the curfew yet. It hasn't been too bad yet here in Kansas, we're typically a bit behind the coasts anyway. I work in a hospital though... ]
Stay safe!
FireEagle likes this.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 08:17 PM

It never ceases to amaze me the things that some guys have to come up with to fool their wives. Heck, my brother bought himself a new gun, and gave it to my parents to wrap and present to him as a Christmas present last year so that his wife wouldn’t know that he bought it. As long as you’re not taking from your kids college fund, or missing mortgage payments, etc., what’s the point in hiding it?
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemboyee View Post
It never ceases to amaze me the things that some guys have to come up with to fool their wives. Heck, my brother bought himself a new gun, and gave it to my parents to wrap and present to him as a Christmas present last year so that his wife wouldn’t know that he bought it. As long as you’re not taking from your kids college fund, or missing mortgage payments, etc., what’s the point in hiding it?
Judgey Judgey. This is my 22nd JS I believe...wife is definitely like why the hell would you ever need more. She just wouldn't get it. It's my money, it's fine, but why push it if not necessary...
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Judgey Judgey. This is my 22nd JS I believe...wife is definitely like why the hell would you ever need more. She just wouldn't get it. It's my money, it's fine, but why push it if not necessary...
I'm not judging, but if it's your money and it is fine, what exactly is there to push? Obviously something about it bothers her. Me for example, I had to get a storage unit because I ran out of space... but she still laughs whenever another one shows up.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

She was tolerant until I hit 30 guitars then it was like, what the ****. I just don't want to deal with her reaction to be honest. I'm an adult I can do what I want and we have separate finances, but she doesn't undestand why i want another, especially this, I have a 2410 and 2450 purple, so I'm just buying another color...it's cool. I just don't want to deal with the eye roll not like I'd get in trouble.
satchmo72 and FireEagle like this.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I just don't want to deal with her reaction to be honest. I'm an adult I can do what I want and we have separate finances, but she doesn't understand why i want another, especially this, I have a 2410 and 2450 purple, so I'm just buying another color...it's cool. I just don't want to deal with the eye roll not like I'd get in trouble.
100% understand and agree. Lol!

Tags
ibanez js , js2450 , wife

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode