I finally got a jem7vwh!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

I finally got a jem7vwh!!

hey just wanted everyone to know i finally got me a jem7vwh ....it should be here wed or thursday,..i bought it off e-bay. I can't wait!! ..so since i can actually say i'm a jem owner and look at this side of the jemsite ( i used to own js) i have a few questions...first off the dimarzio locking strap that steve uses...i want to buy one....does it hold good...cause i hate to drop this thing..i know that it uses little buckles and was wondering how tight they are. and also this is a 99 model so it come with the better bridge on it than the new ones??...or at least the one steve uses..everyone i talk to say they like it better. and another thing...is there any small setup tip or trick i can have that just simply makes the guitar better that i don't know about that everyone does to their jem that improves it? thanks...i'm ramblin...EXCITED!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 08:25 AM

yep. there's no chance of it coming off.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 12:28 PM

1-Congratulations!

2-The DiMarzio Cliplock will hold, but the screw is smaller than the Ibanez one, so you'll need to glue some toothpicks inside the hole before installing it.

3-The new bridge isn't worse itself, it's just missing the locking screws. btw, Evo, Steve's main guitar, has an Edge, so you won't be playing what he is.

4-Setup? visit the Ibanez Rules tech section

5-Congratulations again!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 01:01 PM

congrats!
lucky lucky you.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 03:19 PM

some little things that I did to my jem7vwh to make it a little cooler was install gold volume and tone knobs, also I installed a wrench set specifically for ibanez guitars on the back of the headstock so I don't have to fumble around for an allen when I need to tune up you can find one of these wrench sets along with Steve Vai signature picks at www.ibanezguitars.co.uk
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 03:28 PM

some little things that I did to my jem7vwh to make it a little cooler was install gold volume and tone knobs, also I installed a wrench set specifically for ibanez guitars on the back of the headstock so I don't have to fumble around for an allen when I need to tune up you can find one of these wrench sets along with Steve Vai signature picks at www.ibanezguitars.co.uk

Tags
dimarzio cliplock , ibanez guitars , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode