I FINALLY got my JEM7PBK!! - After 4 years of looking!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

I FINALLY got my JEM7PBK!! - After 4 years of looking!!!

For about 4 years (maybe a little longer) I have looked for a JEM7PBK in excellent shape and I have come accross very few. Each time I found one it was either in bad shape or the one nice one I found came when I did not have the cash to get it

But I finally found one in excellent shape and the money has been sent!!! It will be mailed this coming Monday so I will get it the Monday after that!!! It is coming from Canada. I use to be a regular on this site a couple years back. During that time I owned 2 JEM7VWH's, JEM10th, JEM90th, 2 JEM777DY's, JEM777VDY, JEM77FP, JEM77GMC, JEM7BSB, JEM777SK, JEM777VBK, JEM77BFP, 2 UV777BK's, and 1 UV7MC (sold it about 5 years ago and wish I never did!!)

I sold all of my JEM guitars except for my main player th JEM7VWH that Vai autographed and actually noodled on a little back stage at the 1st G3 tour that came to Seattle Washington. All the money went into buying my recording studio and I have not bought a JEM guitar since. I have bought other guitars but none of them got me excited for their arrival like the JEM guitars!! So I *just HAD to get this JEM7PBK when the opportunity came up. Nothin like having a LONG search for something finally come to an end!! The owner states that the case is an Ibanez case but instead of black tolex on the outside it is grey with the Ibanez logo in pink. Has anyone ever heard of this case? I have senn PLENTY off Ibanez cases but never seen what he is describing.

Anyhow I am just excited and I wanted to "share" my excitement with everyone here!! I attached a picture of it for you guys to see!! *Well I trie and tried but the picture would not load so here is a link to the pic. http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...e=JEM7PBK3.jpg

Peace Love and Good Happiness Stuff,

Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 05:32 PM

I FINALLY got my JEM7PBK!!

Rikk,

Good thing you beat me to the punch!! *LOL

I'm happy to hear your search is over. *Let me know if you come across any other Jems in as good a shape as this one.

Later,
Chris
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Chris,

Were you the other "interested party" in the guitar? The seller emailed me as well as someone named Chris and said that I had first shot at the guitar as long as I could come up with the cash no later than Sunday as we had discussed.

These PBK's are just hard to find compared to all of the other JEM guitars. I mean I think I see more PMC and GMC guitars out there for sale or trade! I have my name all over the net saying I am looking for a JEM7PBK so if I run across another I will DEFINITELY let you know. I had someone email me about a PBK that was sanded down (body only) and had changed the pickgard from black to white and the pickups and volume/tone knobs to black. *was more interested in the "original look" though

I have been looking for one for so long and to be honest I have never played one so I am not even sure how it compares to other JEM guitars. I know that the neck will be similar to the JEM777VDY since these were the only 2 JEM guitars to have the ultra thin neck put on them but thats all I know as far as tone/feel goes for this one!!! Someone once told me that it was a bit louder acoustically than other JEM guitars and that it had a bit more "bright" tone. I am not sure if the elongated handle contributes to this at all.

Anyone have any opinions of the tone on the JEM7PBK?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 05:49 PM

I have been looking for one myself. *I found one (or should I say Stevo pointed me in the direction) at the GC in Boston. *It was in POOR Condition. *I guess I could have bought it and cleaned it up as per Rich's instructions. *Now I am sad. *I should have bought it. *Yours looks very clean. **
Out,
GP *
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:49 PM
Vendor

Hey dude, nice to see you posting something other than for sale adds! Congrats on the score, I know you've been searching long and hard, and yes, they are tough to come by, especially clean!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

lol Yup for a while I think I was selling more than buying (at least thats what it felt like). The things I was buying were more than what I was selling!! *

Yup I count myself lucky for finding this one. I sure hope it sounds good!!!

The pics look nice but I was unable to get DETAILED pics of the guitar so we will see HOW clean she is once she arrives *:-) One person's 9.5 is another's 5.5 *:-) al I know is that there are no nicks or dings in her and no scratches to the wood at all. *I am sure the trem and neckplate have wear but she sure looks clean from the pics I got. I cant WAIT to get it!!!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 11:50 AM

Congrats on your PBK. She looks a beauty.

The case with the pink Ibanez logo sounds like the original case to me. I'm not really familiar with the different cases, but I think this was the case all older JEMs originally shipped in.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 12:07 PM

Very nice PBK!

Absolutely one of the cleaner examples I have seen.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Well all I can say is WOW!!! I love this guitar. I just got it yesterday (finally came in). It is not as clean as I would like but it is definitely in better shape than I have seen most of them in. Plus its not bad for being a 12 year old guitar.

I am pretty picky when I grade guitars though. I use to think I was REALLY picky until I met Rich :biggrin: but once I met that GREAT guy I became even pickier when grading guitars.

I have to say though that I am really floored with this guitar. I spent about 3 hours last night just playing this guitar in clean. The clean tone is amazing!!! I love guitars that just MAKE you write music. I mean you dont even have to try. The guitar already has it in it. It just needs "hands" to make it come out!! * I cant wait to go home and play it some more!!! Today I am going to crank up the distortion though and see how she sings!! Now I can play "Die to Live" the right way lol *:silly: Oh wait I still need that snazzy jacket and pants outfit

* Peace Love and Good Happiness Stuff,

Rikk
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 02:21 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

congrats on the PBK. you have reminded me to get mine back from my brother-inlaw and start playing it more :biggrin: ...glen
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

lol Too bad for the brother-in-law!!!!

Glen,

Do you notice any difference in the clean tone on the PBK vrs the JEM777VDY. I figured that they would sound identicle because they are IDENTICLE on everything except the handle (and neck inlay but I dont think that would really change anything).

Is it possible that because there is a little more wood taken out of the body because of the longer handle that it changed the tonal properties of the guitar? I love the neck on this guitar!!!! I always wondered why they only put this neck on the JEM7PBK and the JEM777VDY.

Rikk
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2001, 02:39 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

I didn't really play my VDY enough over a period of time to comment on the clean tone comparison. At the time i also had Breeds in my PBK, which is different from the PBK i own now. I think variation is mostly due to the natural wood and maybe the grip a bit too ...glen
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 09:38 PM

Now that’s a guitar screaming to be on display at Jemfest. :biggrin: You can hold it in your lap all the way from the west to the east coast, people can drool all over it, you can clean it up and fly it all the way back home.

I know I would appreciate it.

Again… You are a lucky man!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I am actually playing it right now in between working on uploading those video clips fom the 7th heaven video that people requested.

I LOVE THIS GUITAR!!!!!!!! * *:biggrin:

Rikk
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2001, 05:10 AM

Well that's good...

You could have atleast emailed me to tell me that you got it

...or did you know I blew up my computer so you didn't bother 'cause you figured I wouldn't get it anyway :biggrin:

Tags
clean tone , neck inlay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode