I have the coolest wife in the world - Jem DNA - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

I have the coolest wife in the world - Jem DNA

Just wanted to yell to the world what a wonderful woman I married. I started my love affair with her and the Universe swirl guitar about the same time. I was inches from buying one in 1988 but life and all that it entails got in the way. When I had nothing else but my girl, my guitars and my truck she stood by me and we built a wonderful life together. I looked into building a Jem with a Herc swirl but never quite got around to it. When I saw that the DNA was coming out I rushed down to the local music shop and talked to my bro there. He said he had ordered one and it would be coming in a few months. I said I wanted it. "Just tell me how much....". He looked up the price and turned around with a strange face. He said it's expensive. How much? 5Gs... I was shocked, then bummed. I had fleeting fantasies about taking the irresponsible plunge and just indulging like nothing else mattered. Reality came back in like the tide and once again my dream ax just faded back into the list of things that couldn't be. I casually told my wife about the experience but by then I had fully relegated it to the realm of impossiblity. There was just no way I could justify blowing that kind of money on myself. That was more than a year ago. Well, my 10 year aniversary is coming up and today my wife told me that she had a secret she just couldn't keep from my any longer. She said it was serious and that she wanted my to sit down. She told me that she had been sneaking around behind my back with my bro at the music shop and conspiring with him to make my dream a reality and that she had saved up and was using her work bonus and some creative financing and that Jem DNA #93 was mine. That was about 6 hours ago. I still don't know how to express how lucky I feel to have a wife like Sarah and the kind of bros I do. I just thought I would post this here with you guys because you more that anyone can understand the magnitude of her gift to me. I realize that as special as that guitar is, it is after all just a guitar...okay a rad guitar, but my point is that as special as that guitar is I have something infinitely more valuable. I have the coolest wife in the world!

Shannon McCoy

(Edited by Shannnon McCoy at 9:36 am on Mar. 24, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 04:49 AM

I have the coolest wife in the world

WOW! congrats dude!!!! *I can relate, my GF gave me a UV7BK for Christmas, and a Custom built Guild D25 for my birthday! *gotta love women who love you that much!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 04:59 AM

congrats on the guitar, NOW I HOPE YOU GOT HER SOMETHING NICE????

I would do anything to find a woman that understands me and my guitar problem.

ENJOY and remember guitars are for playing and not sitting in cases.......

Brett
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 07:46 AM

congrats man, you are one lucky guy to have a great lady in your life that understands.
music and guitar's (JEMS) LIFE IS GOOD.......
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 08:12 AM

Congrats both on the DNA and your 10 year anniversary!!! arty:

Does you wife have a sister...? :biggrin:
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 10:07 AM

I bought my wife diamond earrings for her birthday last October, and actually couldn't wait to give them to her, so she got them a week before her birthday. *I know exactly how she felt - getting something that she deserved and wanted so badly - and believe me, it maes ya feel just as good to give it as it does to get it - gift giving is good for both.

Congrats!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 10:15 AM

Congrats on the DNA and the wonderful wife!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 10:58 AM
rvj

Congrats on DNA #93 and Happy 10th Anniversary!!! *--rvj
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 11:05 AM

That's a great first post! Congratulations, and welcome to Jemsite!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 11:17 AM
deleted username

Congrats and welcome!

Kirk- those earrings do the trick, don't they? *:-)
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 11:18 AM
Vendor

Hell with the guitar, that's one special woman! Congrats! arty:
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 04:42 PM

Sounds to me that she's truly your best friend!

Congratulations to both of you on your 10th! arty:arty:arty:arty:arty:arty:arty:: party:arty:arty:
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-24-2002, 04:55 PM

Heck, my ex-girlfriend still hasn't returned my Tea Party guitar tab book. *:biggrin: *Congrats man! *I thought I had someone like that, since she was a guitarist too, but no deal, she was practically my complete opposite: *I play clarinet, she plays trombone, I like heavy distortion and metal, she likes acoustics and the Beatles, I like Ibanez, she likes...*sniff*...FENDER!!!! * *lol *I'm glad it's over, cuz we're better friends than we were a couple.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 03:51 AM

Congrats on both, you lucky man!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 04:20 AM

Congrats on the DNA and for having such a fantastic wife. You've obviously found someone very special there. I've had nothing but trouble with the opposite sex lately

Matt (newly single and really confused about it all!!)

Tags
herc swirl , jem dna , local music shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode