I have a screw loose! - LO Pro Edge problem. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
I have a screw loose! - LO Pro Edge problem.

I was reading a post a couple days ago about how a lot of dealers never tighten the stud screw before setting up JEMs and so I decide to check my JEM7VWH. *I use the 1.5 mm allen wrench and locate the bass side screw, but can not find one on the treble side. *Is it possible that it fell out and now I need a new stud screw for my post? *If so where do I get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 05:03 PM

I have a screw loose!

I found mine loose too… after a kind person informed me of their existence. These screws are hidden from view, therefore hidden from do-it-yourself armatures like me and even from some pros. Ibanez friendly techs are valuable. It is an oversight that can lead to bigger problems… like oblong holes. (ya’ know, those little bushing thingies in the body that the posts screw into)

Told you I was an armature.

NOTE: I first learned of these setscrews in the Jemsite Tech section, but forgot about them. Almost a big mistake. Luckily someone reminded me. Now I am hip and happy.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 08:23 PM

I have a screw loose!

Quote:
Quote: from jem7vwh on 4:18 pm on Mar. 13, 2001
I use the 1.5 mm allen wrench and locate the bass side screw, but can not find one on the treble side. *Is it possible that it fell out and now I need a new stud screw for my post? *If so where do I get one?
One way to find out......remove the trem and take the trem post out and look :biggrin:

It's probably still there...but realllllllllllllly loose.

J>

Tags
allen wrench

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode