I just bought a PMC!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

I just bought a PMC!!!

Man, i can't believe this is happening with me and in Portugal! A couple of weeks ago i posted about a guy in here who was selling in a local auction site a PMC. Well, the guy sold it to for me for 1400 Euros with case (around $1275)!!! I couldn't tell from the pic if it was mint, but the guy claims it is mint since it has the guitar in his store for ages.

Anyway, the guy is bringing me the guitar tomorrow to my home (with no extra expenses!) and i just can't wait to see it in real person.

I always wanted a swirl. And as the PMC is the rarest one, for $1275, being mint as the guy says and buying it in Portugal (the VWH i bought a year ago costed $2150 and you simply can't find swirls in here), i find this to be a real steal and one hell of a lucky deal!

But lets wait until tomorrow. I'll post here what i got.

I just can't wait for tomorrow!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

For those who don't remember, this is the PMC i bought:

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...C_Portugal.jpg

The pic is really small. And the colors seem a little faded, but this could be the result of a bad pic...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:18 PM

Great buy dude! If I look at that swirl long enough I start seeing hidden things in there! I better cut back on the caffiene a little!
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:38 PM

I guess I need to move out of the Estados Unidos if I'm ever to find a great deal on a swirl!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 03:04 AM

Thats awesome! Congrats on the swirl. I'm waiting on my first one too, and it's killing me to wait
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 06:54 AM

That is a beautiful guitar my friend! Congrats on a great find
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 07:06 AM

Congrats!

The price really is a steal and if it turns ut that it really is in mint condition it's a double steal.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 08:57 AM

Você fez uma ótima compra armdias. O vendedor praticamente deu esta guitarra para você.

Congrats man !!!!! :P
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

I have the PMC in my hands!!! And oh boy, this guitar is BEAUTIFUL! And you want to know the best part? the guitar is NEW!!! There's no dings, nicks, the frets are unused, the pickguard and pick-ups don't have any pick scratches, the tremolo has no pimpling or wear, nothing, zero. Also, the case is new, it has all the usual accessories as my VWH. Just perfect! And for $1275 (1400 Euros), the guy bringing the guitar to my home, in Portugal (where simply you can't find swirls), the rarest of the swirls, what else can i call this but a steal?!

I'm so happy! I always wanted a swirl and this is a realization of a dream. I can now understand why you guys say "the pictures can't do a swirl justice". And this is so true! These things are amazing when you see them in person. It looks SO MUCH better than the tiny picture i showed to you! It has a lot of green (wich i always loved in a swirl) and yellow. And the backside is crazy, mostly green and purple, love it! Everytime i look at it i discover a little detail that i didn't saw before.

I would love to post here some pics of it but i don't have a digi camera. But i'll check if i can borrow one from a friend of mine and then i'll post some pics.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 05:35 PM

Voçê está de parabéns pela sua aquisição nova!
Só quem mora fora dos Estados Unidos sabe como é difícil de encontrar JEM's com Swirls.
Aqui no Brasil, só encontro nas lojas a JEM Y2K-DNA por USD$6.500,00 dólares!!! (em Reais:R$18.000,oo).
Assim que você puder, coloque umas fotos aqui, e me mande por e-mail também!

Um abraço e boa sorte!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 06:02 PM

que onda?

esta bon dude

parabens para voce guitar!

kick ass (or something similar in Portuguese )
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys! I'm really excited about my acquisition.

Tubaraodesigns, é bem verdade o que voce disse. Aqui em Portugal simplesmente voce não encontra swirls. Sei que pelo menus uma DNA foi encomendada pelo distribuidor de Ibanez, mas fora disso é muito raro encontrar até Jem's. Voce vai numa loja e apenas vê RG's e se encontrar uma Jem é a DBK. Por isso esto tão feliz pela minha compra.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 08:15 PM
Vendor

Os felicitações, aquele são um achado agradável!! Deixe-me saber se você começar sempre tired deles!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
que onda?

esta bon dude

parabens para voce guitar!

kick ass (or something similar in Portuguese )
Portuguese translation: (I'm Serious!)

'What' a 'wave'?
It's 'good' dude
Congrats for 'you' guitar (hehehehehe)

You, guys, need some help w/ the "online-translation-tools" LOL

Kick ass = SIMILAR SPELLING in Portuguese: "Chuta o traseiro!!!!" {no offence here}
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armdias
Thanks, guys! I'm really excited about my acquisition.

Tubaraodesigns, é bem verdade o que voce disse. Aqui em Portugal simplesmente voce não encontra swirls. Sei que pelo menus uma DNA foi encomendada pelo distribuidor de Ibanez, mas fora disso é muito raro encontrar até Jem's. Voce vai numa loja e apenas vê RG's e se encontrar uma Jem é a DBK. Por isso esto tão feliz pela minha compra.
Você tem toda a razão! Aqui é igual.
Só tem duas DNA's em São Paulo, #336 e 378, se não me engano, e a importadora disse que somente consegue trazer dos Estados Unidos, a DNA, a Jem 7wh e a UV777PBK, de ano 2000. Os outros modelos japoneses são muito difíceis e caros, então a importadora não traz. É um abuso! Uma RG270-Korea, aqui custa USD$699,00 dólares. Nos Estados Unidos custa USD$299,oo dólares! Só me lembro de ter visto JEM's GMC, PMC e UV MC no ano de 1992, numa loja aqui em São Paulo. Depois disso, nunca mais eu vi. Infelizmente!

Tags
beautiful guitar , ibanez dealer , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode