I just couldn't do it. (77FP content, and roll call) - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-03-2020, 12:44 PM

Cool story. You picked a good guitar right off the bat. Your pattern is very similar to mine. Only different by a few inches and the headstock pattern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Re: I just couldn't do it. (77FP content, and roll call)

Great pics everybody, and congrats and kudos for to everyone for preserving these, they are such beauties!

Does anyone know how many of these were made? I've searched the innerwebs and I can't find a concrete number. Any ideas?
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Faustus View Post
Sorry I just haven't figured out the best way to post images here. My God I love these instruments. (It's the same guitar, just after a good cleaning and shot in sunlight.)
Nice story! She’s a keeper for sure. Good to know it’s not a case queen too!
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunshine View Post
Great pics everybody, and congrats and kudos for to everyone for preserving these, they are such beauties!

Does anyone know how many of these were made? I've searched the innerwebs and I can't find a concrete number. Any ideas?
My understanding is that going back to the very beginning, records of production. Umbers have not specifically been kept, or at least collated. If they are on file at Hoshino, they certainly have not been released, at least to the best of my knowledge.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 09:56 PM

I had one yrs ago but not in this pattern. Got this 1988 about 2 months ago and must say it sounds good. The action was way off but after some adjusting it plays good now. I might try and collect all of the patterns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3310048.JPG (1.81 MB, 55 views)
neubywankaneuby and pteropid like this.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 11:27 PM

It is nice to see some reinvigorated enthusiasm for JEMs on Jemsite. The pics add a lot.

PS - If someone happened to have every Jem model (and UV model...) captured in a single photo, that would be cool to see one of each, side by side, or in some other configuration. Just a thought. Please, continue with your Florals.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-12-2020, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Mr. Clean, how are you liking it? Still happy?

jono, thanks for the info, I wish I could find a number. More curiosity than anything.

popskull, looks good, good luck finding each of the patterns though. There seems to be one for sale on planet Earth at a time! There happens to be one on Reverb right now.

Formerly Given to Fly, I'd like to see that a pic like that too!
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Mr. Clean, how are you liking it? Still happy?

jono, thanks for the info, I wish I could find a number. More curiosity than anything.

popskull, looks good, good luck finding each of the patterns though. There seems to be one for sale on planet Earth at a time! There happens to be one on Reverb right now.

Formerly Given to Fly, I'd like to see that a pic like that too!
For sure! We’ll see if the love last but I. Pretty confident it will! We’re in our honeymoon phase admittedly but it’s what I play most by far.

I saw that one on Reverb last night but I turned around and it was gone. It was in better shape, with case, and priced lower that I paid lol. Murphy’s Law! No regerts tho 😂
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
For sure! We’ll see if the love last but I. Pretty confident it will! We’re in our honeymoon phase admittedly but it’s what I play most by far.

I saw that one on Reverb last night but I turned around and it was gone. It was in better shape, with case, and priced lower that I paid lol. Murphy’s Law! No regerts tho 😂
It was actually first listed at $4K. My friend talked to him, he lowered it to $2500 yesterday because he needed money quick. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on that deal, that was the deal of the century, and WAY below what it should have gone for but the seller needed quick cash.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
It was actually first listed at $4K. My friend talked to him, he lowered it to $2500 yesterday because he needed money quick. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing out on that deal, that was the deal of the century, and WAY below what it should have gone for but the seller needed quick cash.
Yeah I saw all that, lol, it still stings a little bit It was at $2500 with the $4000 crossed out then POOF vanished
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

My friend is upset he didn't jump. I told him go for it, but he got greedy and lowballed the seller at $2400 right after the price was lowered.

I told my friend that was a foolish move if he really wanted it.

Looks like I was right, lol
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
My friend is upset he didn't jump. I told him go for it, but he got greedy and lowballed the seller at $2400 right after the price was lowered.

I told my friend that was a foolish move if he really wanted it.

Looks like I was right, lol
Doh! Any if these that the price starts with a “2” I think is a good deal!

Tags
77fp , floral

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode