I just found a Jem 77 PMC for sale!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

I just found a Jem 77 PMC for sale!!!

Hy guys! I'm from Poortugal. I don't post very much but i read this forum everyday. Anyway, today i was just browsing a local auction site and i found a guy in Portugal who was selling a Jem PMC! The guy is asking $1380 for it and considering that i paid $2250 for my new VWH i find that price a steal!

Now, the guy just posted a picture of the axe, and a very small one, so i can't really see the condition of the guitar. He lives far away from me and travel to see the axe will cause me a lot of complications (i work and i don't have a car).

But here's the major problem... having a VWH i don't really need a PMC! I really want a UV PBK (i have a 6 string guitar and i want now a 7 string) but this one is the rarest of Jem's.

So what do you guys think? Is it worth to spend the money on a PMC when i want and need is an UV? Man, this GAS is killing me... [/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 09:12 PM

get it and trade it!
(hint: banner above)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Vendor

That would be a speculation of course. If I don't like the swirl, condition, or price (import) I'm not the answer.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Well this topic may get moved to the Buy/Sell auction and reseller section in a while, but at the moment I think it's a genuine question about a JEM so I'm gonna answer it here.

The PMC is rare full stop and not many that I'm aware of made it to Europe.

I think the only thing to do is to mail the guy for a better/bigger picture and then make the decision. In truth if the swirl is terrible I think you'd be able to get at least most of your money back on it somewhere either at a store on a trade in (quote them production number and prices for mint condition killer swirls and then come down from those prices), or on ebay as many folks are happy just to get any swirl.

In your shoes I think in truth I would go for the PMC. There are lots of UVs out there, and a cheapish PMC these days is pretty much a thing of the past.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

I just uploaded the pic of the PMC that the guy is selling but i don't know how to show the picture in a message. Anyway, this is the link:

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/i...C_Portugal.jpg

The pic is really small, so you can't see the condition of it. But you can view the swirl. What do you think of it? I would prefer it to be a bit more chaotic and messy, but it's a swirl anyway...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 02:44 PM
EKG

I like that swirl!
The neck looks very clean, too.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 06:38 PM

Interesting swirl...looks a bit faded or washed out though. It may just be the colors that were used on that particular guitar though.

Still...at that price...I wouldn't pass it up!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 06:41 PM

Interesting swirl...looks a bit faded or washed out though. It may just be the colors that were used on that particular guitar though.

Still...at that price...I wouldn't pass it up!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 07:53 PM

Get it man!

Then sell it to me!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Vendor

It's got an interesting look with the pale pink and green against the purple. "Looks" really clean, could have 100 chips and never see in those pics, either way it's worth more than the asking price, and possibly alot more. No brainer if you've got the cash.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:57 PM

If It were me, I would buy the pmc. If you dont like it as much as your vwh you can sell it for a profit for sure. If you do like it (and im sure you will) you can sell the vwh or trade it for a uv.

Tags
jem pmc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode