I just got back from GC - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Angry I just got back from GC

I walk in and I playa few guitars and I'm just messing around. So, after a while I walk over as I'm perusing the racks and there are these two kids, and they have to be at the most 13....and they have a JEM7V.

They were trying to take part of the inlay out. With a pocket knife. They saw me looking at them and put the guitar back on the rack and pretty much ran out. I went over and the thing had freakin deep gouges on it and.....I was annoyed. What is up with that? I told one of the employee people and he took it to "the back". And he said he'd watch for them, but the damage was already done. That just kills me though, that people would do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 04:27 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: I just got back from GC

That's a new one. When I worked in a music store, we had people steal knobs from amps, knobs from guitars, switch tips from guitars and trem arms. It got to the point that we started taking the switch tips and knobs off guitars. But the inlay thing, that's a new low.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM

i'd wring their little necks, little bastards
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 04:32 PM

What the hell are they going to do with it, sell it on 3bay or something?

These kids today with their hair and their clothes and all their carrying-on and hullabaloo and whatnot.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 04:40 PM

they will probably just match up some wood filler and put it back on the rack.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos731 View Post
These kids today with their hair and their clothes and all their carrying-on and hullabaloo and whatnot.
Greatest post.

Ever.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM

I don't understand stealing in general, even if you are poor
I use to be poor and I didn't need to steal
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 AM

hit them hard to the head!....let those kids be scared so they dont dare to do those stupid things.i think social control is gone.and overal the people dont say anything because it is not their bussines and are scared to be a victim of violence.so i think it is great when people say something and better if they do something(keep the law in mind
i see it everywere that kids(around 14/18 )destroy,damage,steal things.big mouths and screaming. but when you walk to them and dont gif a f**K about how big or how many of them are around and take action you get excusses and sorry or they could run very fast.if youre in the possision to do something when you see those things?why dont do it?just for a better world.mostly one word is more than enough.and a guitar could be saved.

Last edited by GilkyBear; 06-13-2008 at 02:06 AM.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianxtr View Post
but when you walk to them and dont gif a f**K about how big or how many of them are around and take action
Sadly...here that usually ends in being stabbed or just having your head kicked in. I'm 16 and the people of the same sort of age as me truly do not give a crap about other people. I've heard countless stories of people confronting groups of teenagers because they are daming property or whatnot, and end up being attacked themselves, ending up in hospital or losing their lives. It's really sad.
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
Sadly...here that usually ends in being stabbed or just having your head kicked in. I'm 16 and the people of the same sort of age as me truly do not give a crap about other people. I've heard countless stories of people confronting groups of teenagers because they are daming property or whatnot, and end up being attacked themselves, ending up in hospital or losing their lives. It's really sad.
That's unfortunately so very true. If you dare to speak up, you become a victim here, it doesn't matter how tough or mean you think you are, here you have no chance.

You either end up getting stabbed for speaking up and doing the right thing, or you are viewed to have taken the law into your own hands, are made an example of and pay for their university education

There was even a recent case where there was a dispute over a parking space in a car park. That involved the bad guys obtaining the victims address (I am led to believe from a contact in the police force no less) then going round to the registered address of the vehicle, and killing the owner.

The best option is to fight it with the system, as meagre as it is, not to risk stepping outside the boundaries. In the UK at least
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos731 View Post
...and their friggin' hip hop
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:44 AM

Reviews: 65

The damage was already done when the guitar arrived at a GC

But yeah stealing and damaging others property seems to become more frequent lately.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
That's unfortunately so very true. If you dare to speak up, you become a victim here, it doesn't matter how tough or mean you think you are, here you have no chance.

You either end up getting stabbed for speaking up and doing the right thing, or you are viewed to have taken the law into your own hands, are made an example of and pay for their university education

There was even a recent case where there was a dispute over a parking space in a car park. That involved the bad guys obtaining the victims address (I am led to believe from a contact in the police force no less) then going round to the registered address of the vehicle, and killing the owner.

The best option is to fight it with the system, as meagre as it is, not to risk stepping outside the boundaries. In the UK at least
The primary reason I would never consider moving back to the UK, even if this country went right down the toilet.

"Feral kids" is the description I believe? How sadly apt. They are absolutely bloody awful - I watched the child next door to my uncle & aunt go from a really delightful youngster to something I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley ..... or a daylit street.

I was far more scared of them than I have EVER been in central Johannesburg.
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:12 AM

I've seen some kids who have never been "nice" or "cute". Kids at like, 3 - 5 years old shouting abuse and outside on their street not being watched by their parents. It actually sickens me. Thankfully I don't see it too often as I don't live around those parts of town and don't have many friends that do so I'm not there often...but when I am, it really pisses me off.
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:25 AM

I to am young, and have learnt the same lessons as you guys are speaking of, one other thing I have learnt is not to judge a child by there parents. Parents maybe the brst people in the world, but there children may be the biggest idiot you have ever met. My generations attitude sucks, MTV, Rap, "Snoop dog" what more do we expect?

Tags
trem arms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode