I love my UVs - A senseless praise fest. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

I love my UVs - A senseless praise fest.

Hi everyone. I haven't been lurking around the forum much for the same reason I missed Jemfest... BUSY!

Jemfest 2001 was so cool, but I shipped my MC to the Hotel and UPS lost it for 2 weeks. I was so worried about her that I couldn't sleep. When she finally returned home I promised never to let her out of my sight again.

This year, because Gabe is a trustworthy friend, I broke my promise and shipped both my UVs with him to Jemfest, along with my Rivera and Marshall. I have been so busy that I haven't been able to drive the 45 minutes to Gabe's house to retrieve the gear yet. Gabe offered to deliver it, but I figured he has done enough driving in the past week.

My point... The empty amplifier corner in my studio doesn't bother me. The missing UVs do. I like them so much that even if I wasn't a player, I would cherish them. I know they are just "things", but I sure like the Ibanez Universe guitars. I am very pleased to have found them both and am writing all this to simply cast my vote for the brand and the model.

Thank God I still have my 2027 with me. Now, if Ibanez/Steve Vai would endorse a Mahogany body for the UV line, I would be head over heals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 03:17 PM

Hey Bob . You were sorely missed this year . I had looked forward to meeting you. I love your UV's too, I checked them out (looked, but didn't touch ), to make sure they were ok . They were stashed, safe and sound, next to my bed, in room 640 - the Jemfest 'HQ' .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 06:09 PM

hey Bob nice UV's

shame you werent at Jemfest to kick my ass when I dropped them down the stairs
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Some people have nicer ones, but I really like mine and I want more of them.

Simon, if you really dropped them I would have had Iain kick your ass, since he was sleeping with them. I figure he must have gotten quite intimate.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
hey Bob nice UV's

shame you werent at Jemfest to kick my ass when I dropped them down the stairs

LOL!!!!

Ah, i can't wait, next month i will get my first UV... well its my first Ibanez!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:48 AM

Bob's UVMC is one of the prettiest that I have seen. It plays just a great as it looks. He definitely has a serious arsenal of tone. It seems that we both have found love for mahogany.
Out,
GP
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2002, 09:49 AM

The guitars are still at my house in my dining room! I'm ever so tempted to play them! But hey, I haven't had time to pickup a guitar since I've been back from Jemfest due to busyness.

Bob - just let me know when you want to swing by. I'll be home all weeked working on Jemfest stuff.

Gabe
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Gabe, you know that you are welcome to play my guitars until the frets are level with the Rosewood. Time is both our enemys.

Greg, credit for the action goes to Rich. I have never touched a screw on that one. I do, however, think that the small frets have something to do with the "illusion" that the action is more "buttery" than our other UVs... Or maybe it was just the old strings.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:40 AM
Vendor

I think it was the dead strings in combination with the heavily broken in springs
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Gabe, you know that you are welcome to play my guitars until the frets are level with the Rosewood. Time is both our enemys.

Greg, credit for the action goes to Rich. I have never touched a screw on that one. I do, however, think that the small frets have something to do with the "illusion" that the action is more "buttery" than our other UVs... Or maybe it was just the old strings.

Tags
mahogany body , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode