I made some blueprints 2 years ago...and now - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Re: I made some blueprints 2 years ago...and now

Yeah I think I set it for 44mm instead of 1.75" and turns out 44mm comes out to 1.73ish inches. I don't think it'll be a problem but if it is then I'll have to remake the body lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 08:09 PM

OK so back before all the cool content on this site went away, there were Jem blueprints. Does anyone have those who would be willing to email them to me?
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 08:16 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
OK so back before all the cool content on this site went away, there were Jem blueprints. Does anyone have those who would be willing to email them to me?
If you find a set... let me know. The one's that were on the site disappeared a LONG time ago. The only other prints I've found by googling had to be purchased........and they were wrong at that!
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 PM

Reviews: 120

I remember downloading them years ago when my Dad and I made my blue guitar. I'll do a search over my hard drives and see if I can find anything. It was close to 10 years ago, so may be long gone though. I'll see how I go.
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 10:42 PM

What sucks is I have a version of them that I modified as an RG760 template but I never kept the damn original file.
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

I will do some looking through my drives as well..pretty sure I had some older prints (non AANJ) on here.
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:56 AM

I have them, though it's not the AANJ joint on it.

You can easily find it and download with the correct link and a caching service like the "Way back machine" and some patience.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirataz View Post
I have them, though it's not the AANJ joint on it.

You can easily find it and download with the correct link and a caching service like the "Way back machine" and some patience.
Alright I found them. Thanks for the suggestion. That was actually really easy.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Alright I found them. Thanks for the suggestion. That was actually really easy.
Great.

For anyone who has no clue what we're on about:

Original link on Jemsite: http://www.jemsite.com/jem/origin/

From there, the link to a CDR-file is:http://static.keebali.com/jemsite.co...777specsv8.cdr

If you paste that last link in the Way back machine (http://archive.org/web/) and select the snapshot from 2009, the file will download for you.

I've had no success in getting the other links to work, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me may get them to work too.
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

It does indeed download but I have no idea what opens this file lol Is it a cad format or some sort of weird image format?

EDIT: Never mind, it's a Corel Draw file. I will look into getting that and then converting to PDF.

EDIT: Got the endmills I was waiting on in the mail today. This weekend being Valentine's and all, I likely will not be cutting anything but hopefully by next weekend I'll have a Jem body!!!

1/16th is a lot smaller than you'd expect...Here's a picture of one up next to a paperclip lol

Last edited by CSwick_2; 02-12-2015 at 07:59 PM.
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, yet again, for double posting...but I have an update!!!

Had a few issues with a tearout in the neck pocket, and the collet loosening in the middle of cutting --causing the bit to not stay at depth-- but that's why we do first-runs lol I will adjust the machining order and make sure I double check things as necessary before using the next cut. Will probably still go ahead and cut the back half just for gits and shiggles. The only other thing I need to adjust for is I've noticed that all of the cuts are consistently 0.07" to 0.08" too deep. I'm pretty sure it's the speed at which my machine travels on the Z towards the zeroing plate and I'll adjust it tomorrow after work.

Last edited by CSwick_2; 02-20-2015 at 01:24 AM.
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 AM

I am beside myself.

I wish I had the where with all to do this. I would dedicate all my time, aside from playing guitar, to the pursuit of putting quality instruments in the hands of players.

I want a custom Jem so bad, it kills me.

Solid single blank mahogany body, hard tail, no monkey grip, ebony fret board, HSS, locking tuners, no pick guard, volume and tone controls moved a little further away from the bridge pickup, brass nut, maple neck and maybe...I mean maybe, a maple top.

I love the body and neck of a Jem and just want to have a second one that is different from my Jem7V WH. I believe the tone of my custom one would drastically compliment my Jem, which is unbelievable in it's tone array, or ability to cop many great tones...not including a Les Paul...LOL.

Anyway I love this post and to the OP...great job, keep it up. I want to follow this thread to the end.

Thanks
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Reviews: 2

1) Thats awesome!
2) is that oak?
3) I'll bet that your bit depth problem is your bits reacting to thermal expansion. I'v had some bits expand as much as 1/32"

4) did I say thats AWESOME?
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremoJem View Post
I am beside myself.

I wish I had the where with all to do this. I would dedicate all my time, aside from playing guitar, to the pursuit of putting quality instruments in the hands of players.

I want a custom Jem so bad, it kills me.

Solid single blank mahogany body, hard tail, no monkey grip, ebony fret board, HSS, locking tuners, no pick guard, volume and tone controls moved a little further away from the bridge pickup, brass nut, maple neck and maybe...I mean maybe, a maple top.

I love the body and neck of a Jem and just want to have a second one that is different from my Jem7V WH. I believe the tone of my custom one would drastically compliment my Jem, which is unbelievable in it's tone array, or ability to cop many great tones...not including a Les Paul...LOL.

Anyway I love this post and to the OP...great job, keep it up. I want to follow this thread to the end.

Thanks
Thank you for watching my progress! I'm excited to see that it's important to other people like it is to me.
That sounds like a very classy Jem-style guitar and once I get things tweaked, I would be more than happy to make your vision happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
1) Thats awesome!
2) is that oak?
3) I'll bet that your bit depth problem is your bits reacting to thermal expansion. I'v had some bits expand as much as 1/32"

4) did I say thats AWESOME?
1) Thanks!
2) Alder, got it from the moth of war
3) I've narrowed it down to the Z-Touch sensor...it dips a bit when I do the touch-off and just happens that this time it dropped .081"...The other problem was that my tool holder loosened during cutting and let the bit travel up/down freely...could have been really bad if I hadn't noticed it...
4) You did, but THANKS!!!

I'm gonna put it on and cut the back sunday just for the sake of saying "I've officially cut a guitar body" -- I have another Alder blank waiting to be mutilated into the guitar o' my dreams once the necessary adjustments are made to the machine and toolpaths. Keep an eye out for more pics once I get that done :-D
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Cool...I wonder what that would cost? LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode