Sorry if this is a "necro post" -- I didn't want to start a whole new thread if I could prevent it --
I have updates!
I had a lot of trouble with the machine breaking down all over the place - sunk about $900 into replacing this and that...Z axis, controller pc, interface cables, etc...and it's finally working!
I was so excited after cutting a perfect guitar body (or at least the top half) and didn't think about / overlooked the fact that I had no idea how I was going to flip it properly...and the resulting destruction of said guitar body was an eye opening disappointment to say the least.
So I've come up with what I believe is going to be the solution to that problem.
I know my "zero point" machine coordinates, so what I've done is had the machine drill two 3/8in holes 1/4in down into the table-top. In said holes I've put 3/8in pegs. One peg is at the zero point coordinate , the other is exactly 14in above it in the +X direction.
I've also set up machining instructions for the body blanks to get a set of corresponding holes. Two on the top, two on the bottom.
This SHOULD fix the flipping problem.
I've got 2 more blanks ordered and will be updating here with the results.
I really hope it works :-/ I'm tired of burning money on blanks that get ruined lol