I need a little help(or a lot of opinions) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

I need a little help(or a lot of opinions)

ok here it is , lately i have been have a hard time justifying owning my UV77MC. i dont think i play it enough or well enough to own it.should she be with some one who is a great player and will play it everyday?or is it enough that someone owns it that loves her for what she is?also not to mention the fact that i have been receiving offers for a lot more than i payed.everyday in my email i get offers i have people calling me one the phone(thats why i'm writing this , i just got off the phone like 20 min ago with a guy almost begging me to sell), even a couple of guys at the locally music store's are calling me.

so should i 1;keep it cause i love what it is?
2;sell to some one who will play her like she should be played?
or 3;sell because i'm goning to make a profit?

I NEED HELP
(and no i'm not ask just because i'm getting good offers and want bragging rights)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

if i do keep it how should i store it?tension off the neck , bridge on or off , strings on or off?just little questions that might help me out.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 03:46 AM

If you think you're going to regret selling it because you love it so much, then you probably should think twice before doing this.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 06:05 AM

well, try playing it?

~A ;-)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 10:19 AM

Play it play the hell out of it and if you don't like it sell it
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:31 PM

remember, that guitar will not be as easy to replace as a VWH.....it will always be worth good money (ATD swirl?), unless you really need the cash, I say hang onto it, or sell it to me cheap
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:43 PM

Complicated huh?

If you don't really need the money, don't sell it. You'll regret it.

Actually, in all honesty, the UVMC is not really a 'player'. Sounds killer, but a newer UV777 plays A LOT better (make that more comfortable, IMHO). Plus, I would never feel right in a gig, considering I would be more worried of not scratching it than actually playing.

My suggestion? get a player guitar and keep the UVMC in its case (tuned) and bring it out on ocassion.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 01:28 PM

I'm in the EXACT same boat, Venemous. My mint ATD UV77MC was my first swirl, and I love it dearly. But...I've played it maybe a total of 3 hours in the 2+ years that I've had it. That's just a crime! I'd love to hang onto it, but...I can't really justify it. It's a waste of a great guitar, though it would be some collector's dream I'm sure. I have no doubt that I'll regret selling it somewhere in the future, but...it's not doing me any good just sitting there collecting dust (figuratively speaking of course!).

I can barely get around 6 strings, so the UV is pretty out-of-the-question for me as far as actually being a "player". Basically, it comes down to whether or not you can really afford to have such a great guitar without actually making use of it. I could hang onto mine, but I'm really trying to keep only guitars that I will actually gig with.

It's a tough decision to make, but you've just got to decide whether or not you can justify having a nice piece of $2K+ "art" hanging around.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 01:34 PM

I'd keep it. You know if you sell it or trade it you'll probably end up kicking yourself for it. Well, that's me, anyway.

Mike 777 Haug
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 01:36 PM

BTW, I miss my JEM10 every day of the week...I'm still sick about it.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 01:40 PM

I'd say keep it, you'll regret selling it!

Unless you need the money, and you'll regret selling it.

Keep it!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 10:18 PM

I'll take it off your hands for twenty bucks. You see, if you sell it for what it's worth, you'll forever resent your inflated bank balance as a reminder of what could have been. But if you sell it to me for the price of a slab of beer, you won't have to ever think about it again.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 03:00 AM
rvj

I've approached this subject many times myself concerning my UVMC and DNA. So much in fact, that I'm tired of thinking about it. I don't play these guitars and I know I probably never will. So.... I've decided to sell both.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 02:46 AM

Keep it. At least until you're certain you don't want it. If it's worth as much now as people are willing to pay, how about 5, 10, 15 years from now. Besides, in the words of Tom Keifer of Cinderella fame, "You don't know what'cha got til it's gone."
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvj
I've approached this subject many times myself concerning my UVMC and DNA. So much in fact, that I'm tired of thinking about it. I don't play these guitars and I know I probably never will. So.... I've decided to sell both.
I'll give you thirty-five bucks for both.

Tags
atd swirl , les paul , les paul custom , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez s320 opinions?
opinions on duncan JB?
opinions on duncan JB?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode