I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Hey crew, whassup?! *anyway, I had to tell you all that I am a dumbass who ordered a DNA today. *Should be coming in a week. *I want to thank all of you who have helped me out with the specs and the opinions and everything. *It was either that or a jem 7vwh. *The dna has all the specs I love, it is similar to the 7dbk in a lot of ways. *I love my 7dbk so I think I'll be happy, I hope. *Let me say this.....IT'S A LOT OF DAMNED MONEY!!!! *TOO MUCH!!! *If you don't hear from me after this, that means the girlfriend found out. *I just had to own one to see what all the hype was/is all about and if the quality is what they are saying. *I really don't think any guitar is worth more than $1500 and even those should be $800 ya know what I'm sayin'? *So Steve's blood is in it and it's a cool swirl, so what. *So I bought into it like a dummy. *Anyway, the price was better than most and the swirl is pretty cool. *There is a photo of it which I will post now on my site. *Check it out and let me know. *

http://steverotter.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 12:43 AM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Way to go #300 huh arty:
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 05:13 AM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

It's number 84
Well congrats man! My local store still has their's available whether I have the money...well that's a different story altogether

CONGRATS!

Chris
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 08:17 AM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

That's Sweet *I love the darker ones!! *Good Luck!!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 08:28 AM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

nice one-a great looking swirl

best wishes

Simon

PS your girlfriend may leave you because of a guitar but your guitar will never leave you because of a girl!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

it's #84. *They're shipping it today. *I'll let you all know when it gets in what happens and stuff. *now i'm totally broke, more than before. *some stuff must be sold! *EVERYTHING MUST GO! *well, not everything.

(Edited by shredmaster at 11:27 am on April 30, 2001)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 09:24 PM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Congrats! It's a beauty.

I'm sure you definitely won't regret the purchase.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 10:18 PM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

UGHH, I hate you dude! just kidding, it's just envy rearing it's ugly head. *I want a DNA so bad it hurts!!! But unfortunately, life takes over and I just can't justify it right now, but gimme a couple a months once I'm done school, who know's what'll happen then!
Congrats on a sweet-ass axe dude, play her long and hard!
Jeremy
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Jeremy, what's up man? *look at it this way man....i dropped $3300 and you didn't....that's an insane amount of money!!! *i was at work and it hit me out of the blue and i thought, OH MY GOD!!! *WHAT WAS I THINKING!! *STOP THE PRESSES!!!.....oooops, too late. *i just sold my brand new floral on ebay. *i had it for 3 weeks and i ditched it to HELP pay for this thing. *may have to ditch a couple other things. *no, again, i'm totally NOT rich, just an idiot with credit cards who thought about this purchase long and hard. *i love the breed pickups, the thin neck, and this swirl, to me, is sweet. *most of the swirls are nasty as sin but this one is good. *so why not, it's a collector and i know i'll love it. *i'm going to actually play it and forget about how much it costs. *of course i'll baby it, like my other axes. *i'm sure you will find one on ebay. *some people are selling them here and there.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 01:33 AM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Yeah, I just haven't bought one yet because of other life priorities that have more importance right now. *And it really pains me to say that.
I live my life paycheck to paycheck, I just need one of those paychecks to cover a DNA now.
Oh well, someday!
Jeremy
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 05:48 PM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Congrats Shredmaster!

You know it is really worth the money (I know you need to hear someone else say it).

It's definetly a killer axe. I envy you, man.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 11:31 AM

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

It is an intereresting swirl. Sinister almost.
I'm with you on the money issue. Now I've got a DNA I'm almost afraid to even touch it. But I will. The way I see it, I'll never want to sell it anyway, so a ding here and there shouldn't worry me. (let's face it, you put a ding on a car and devalue it by a few hundred, so why should a guitar be any different. Those guitars are definitely made for playing, but I do worry about giiging mine, cause there are a lot of light-fingered folks out there who would whip it as soon as your back is turned.

Happy shredding.

Guy
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

guycool, you are so right man! *i thought of that today. *i don't think i'm going to want to touch it. *i keep all my guitars in mint shape anyway, but still, i won't wanna touch it. *then i thought, wait, i'm dropping all this coin on this thing and it's gonna be played. *i don't think i'll ever bring it to a club unless i can be by it totally all the time. *mainly for the studio and stuff. *too bad it has to be that way but that's the way it is. *it only takes one person, and they are out there. *i personally could never do that to someone, even if it was a $100 guitar. *it arrived today. *i haven't opened it yet. *i'll do that tonight after work.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

well, i got it yesterday. *totally sweet! *the swirl is totally cool. *way better than any photo; i did take some and they will be up on the site this weekend i'm sure; www.steverotter.com

colors are very vibrant and the neck is really thin, just like the 7dbk. *so i'm in love with it. *yeah it's a lot of damned money and that's a lot to spend on a cool swirled piece of wood when the 7dbk is basically almost the same. *anyway, i'm glad i got it. *i'll be using it in a music video we are shooting. *details on that can be found on our site. *again, thanks for everyone's help. *if ever i own money again, i would like to get a BFP. *that blue floral is way cool and i heard the neck is really thin.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 05:14 PM
rvj

I ORDERED MY DNA TODAY

Nice swirl!!! I have #53 and also live in the Chicago area. Is your band playing anywhere soon? I'd like to check you guys out. Enjoy that DNA!!!

Tags
ace frehley , jem neck , jem vwh , les paul , strap button

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode