I think Ed Roman is using jemsite pics - jem fingerboards, m - Page 6 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 11:22 AM

I think we should all plan a trip down to Vegas where we go to Ed's shop and just like stay there and refuse to leave. Play his Ibanezes and point out the poor quality of his instruments. You know, just one big day full of fun-filled Roman cheezing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:20 PM

Reviews: 1
I was in Vegas and had fully intended on stopping in his shop, but the wife DREADS when ever I go into a music store... I even brought my jemsite swirly shirt along for just that occasion...dammit...
It would have been a site to see. I'm 6'6" and E.R. is all of what 5 foot nuthin'?
The following is a dramaticization:

E.R. : " You buy my guitar, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, Ibanez's are garbage, you Jemsiters are all a bunch of---"

S P L A T ! ! !

Bamm: "You go sleepy now..."

Bamm
post #78 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm
E.R. : " You buy my guitar, you don't know what the hell you're talking about, Ibanez's are garbage, you Jemsiters are all a bunch of---"

S P L A T ! ! !

i would pay good money to see video footage of that... 8- )

-leon
post #79 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 01:49 PM
dex

Has anybody noticed how it says "By appointment only" on his web site.

That alone brings me to the conclusion that the guy sells from his garage, and all this nonsense on his web site is nothing but the ramblings of a megalomaniac.

I personally like the fact that he is outspoken. It is his right as a human being residing in USA to have freedom of speech (first amendment), but I disagree with his xenophobic idea that american=superior/best.

That is why I wouldn't buy anything from the guy.

Still, live and let live as they say.

If there are people that do business with him - good luck to them.
post #80 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 06:17 PM

Quote:

S P L A T ! ! !

I'll pay you to do it...
post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
I disagree with his xenophobic idea that american=superior/best.
Yeah... American cars, anyone?

-Drew

By the way... Ed is both very short and displays prototypical irish features. Could the fact he's an arrogant little prick be the result of a Napolionic complex, and his racism be explained by his taking personally the historic discrtimination against Irish American immigrants in the early years of this country's founding? Or am i wasting my time psychoanalyzing someone who was once told by a prostitute (because no one like that could ever get laid any other way) that he measured up a few inches too short?

post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
I disagree with his xenophobic idea that american=superior/best.
Yeah... American cars, anyone?

-Drew

By the way... Ed is both very short and displays prototypical irish features. Could the fact he's an arrogant little prick be the result of a Napolionic complex, and his racism be explained by his taking personally the historic discrtimination against Irish American immigrants in the early years of this country's founding? Or am i wasting my time psychoanalyzing someone who was once told by a prostitute (because no one like that could ever get laid any other way) that he measured up a few inches too short?

BUUUURRRRNN!!!
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 06:06 PM

ed = s l u t
post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:18 AM

How many idiots bought $140,000 sets from him? I could always go over to his shop when it opens since I live in Vegas... I'll bring a calculator and add up how much the set is really worth...
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
How many idiots bought $140,000 sets from him? I could always go over to his shop when it opens since I live in Vegas... I'll bring a calculator and add up how much the set is really worth...
No one bought the sets for that much. I think we figured it out once and the person would have saved like $50,000 if they bought the items seperate. Assuming these were mint too. Check the old forum.

Ed's just boasting about how much money he has and how good of a salesman he is.

Gabe
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 05:45 PM
Vendor

Actually they weren't supposed to be mint, they were supposed to be NEW. Don't ever underestimate how people with money will throw it around [or away].
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 07:28 AM

I just remember seeing sets advertised for that much on his site. I almost believed his BS about the inlays till I got my DBK and saw that the plastic goes down into the wood.
The picture I saw of him in this thread is enough to make me want to punch him in the mouth without even seeing anything he has to say. I never imagined that I'd find out the lucky charms guy was racist...
post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 07:55 PM

If you guys look on page 3 you'll see that I removed my post. I wanted to hear what other people in other places had to say about Ed before concluding that he sucks. Well, I went to other places to hear peoples stories and its all the same. No way am I doing business with him. Anyone with as much bad press as this guy is obviously a bad salesperson.

If anyone reading this is thinking of buying stuff from Ed, well, those pretty pictures of guitars on his site are just pretty pictures. Pretty is only skin deep.
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-12-2002, 06:55 AM

<GASP>
Would you be implying that Mr. Ed is selling non-Ibanez copies?

post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 03:39 AM

Re: I think Ed Roman is using jemsite pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredHead42
OH MY GOD!!!! Read what he says about the Edge on the bottom of that link!!!!!! *
:idunno: :glare:
Since when does metal get soft enough to change the tone if they are made from the same material?

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , custom necks , eric clapton , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , headstock shape , herc fede , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , john petrucci , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , music store , pro edge , production model , steve vai , super strat , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in