I think I wanna buy a JS1000! - I think I wanna buy a JS1000 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

I think I wanna buy a JS1000! - I think I wanna buy a JS1000

Hi everyone!

I've been playing a js100BK for 3 years now, and I like it very much, except for 1 thing: the LO-TRSII trem! Since the day I bought it (new), I've had a number of problems with it :

1) it won't stay in tune --> after the guy in the local store checked it out, I figured the knife-edges were totaly dead, so it would'nt return to zero anymore! It seemed the trem studs dug their way far to much into the baseplate of the trem! He said it wouldn't help much if he'd sharpen the knife-edges, because the steel was so soft, the problem would return very soon!

2) the high E and B strings created multiple grooves in their saddles and sometimes, when I bend a note, the string slips into another groove. This creates an annoying sqeaking noise, or a sitar-like sound wich irritates me very much!

Now my question is: do all Lo-TRSIIs have this problem (soft steel or something?), or is it just my unit? I'm very much thinking of buying a JS1000 with a LO-PRO, but they are very hard to find second hand, here in the Netherlands... I would very much like to know what other peoples experiences are with LO-TRSII on a JS100. Maybe I 'abuse' it too much or something...

Thanx!

Michiel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 04:40 PM

I think I wanna buy a JS1000!

Today is your lucky day, michiel ...

(Guys, take a hike, I'm going to sell my JS-1000, and I dont want anyone getting ahold of my pattented sales technuiques..:biggrin

I've got an next to new white JS-1000, wich I want to sell.
I paid 3100 gulden for it, in Januari (got the receipt here), I'll let you have it for 2300 gulden, and I'll throw in a ZOOM 505 fx proccessor for free, and if you want, an el cheapo wha pedal...
Waddayasay?
Contact me at jeroen.noordhui[email protected]
Gitaar staat in Utrecht, dus als je in de buurt woont, dan kun je 'm in persona bewonderen....
Groeten!

(sorry, that's Dutch...)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:19 PM

I'm definitley feeling you on this one. My JS100 has really frustrated me. The Lo TRS II won't stay in tune if I'm to rough with the bar. I haft to be gentle. Plus the locking nut was a problem as well (won't go into that one) I Love my JS but I should have waited for a 1000. Honestly I think the JS100 should join the JEM 555. Later.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I totally agree... I wish I saved up some more and bought a 1000 too, 3 years ago! When I bought the 100, I thought: I don't really see the difference between the 100 and the 1000, but that was a BIG mistake!

Jeroen: your offer sounds very interesting, but I will have to get rid of my JS100 first! (check your mail for more details ...)

Tags
locking nut , trem studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode