I will be getting my first JEM from Rich!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I will be getting my first JEM from Rich!!!

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to take the time to say hi and let you all know that I have been an Ibanez fan for years but could never affoed a JEM which has always been my dream guitar. As soon as my tax return comes in, which is this friday, I will be sending the moola. I oredered a JEM vwh. I talked to Rich personally this morning for about a half hour and he filled me with more information than I have ever known about these guitars. Its great to have someone take the time to go over the whole thing before it goes out the door. I thought they played well enough when I have played them hanging in the store, but I cant wait to gewt ahold of this one and give it a whirl. I will quote what Rich told me. " These guitars are and should play like a well oiled machine, they are not just a lamp that you sit on the end table". I thought that was a perfect statement. Now that I know this site is here, I will be an avid forumite. I look forward to discussing different things with you all. Until my new"GEM" comes in, I will just have to twiddle my thumbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 06:57 PM

i'm in the same situation. Just waiting for my DBK to arrive
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 07:26 PM

Cool! and if you liked the guitar off the wall in a store, you're gonna get a great surprise: this guy is FAMOUS for the incredible setup he does on guitars. Enjoy!
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 08:49 PM

Re: I will be getting my first JEM from Rich!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie
As soon as my tax return comes in, which is this friday, I will be sending the moola.
WOW! How'd you pull this off? Work for the IRS? It takes at least 1-2 months to get my return back after filing...

Gabe
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:33 PM

nice, I wish I could afford to buy my first Jem from Rich. I'm supposed to be buying a 7VSBL from a local guy this week, which would be my first Jem, but I'm always a little cautiously optomistic about it.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Nickelson
Quote:
As soon as my tax return comes in, which is this friday, I will be sending the moola.
WOW! How'd you pull this off? Work for the IRS? It takes at least 1-2 months to get my return back after filing...

Gabe
My wife is a genius when it comes to doing taxes. She has been doing them for us and probably 10-20 different people every year. She uses a program called "turbo tax" and it gets direct deposited into our account. The best part about it is the amount we are getting back. I will be paying all of my bills a month in advance and then I should have enough left over to buy my VWH and a Mesa Roadking. And it is all legit.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:52 PM

I use one of the other alternative tax programs, Tax Cut. That too makes use of direct deposit so once I get around to it I'll be be done quickly. But probably won't be nearly enough for a Jem

I can't complain too much though, as I just got a new JS1000 about a month ago.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Vendor

Quote:
I will quote what Rich told me. " These guitars are and should play like a well oiled machine, they are not just a lamp that you sit on the end table".
Well, it was something like that. If I could remember I'd correct you, but as I can't I'll just say, close enough
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
I will quote what Rich told me. " These guitars are and should play like a well oiled machine, they are not just a lamp that you sit on the end table".
Well, it was something like that. If I could remember I'd correct you, but as I can't I'll just say, close enough
Somehow I knew you would notice that But I coulnt remember what you said verbatum. I thought it was an excelent reference indeed however it was though. Cant wait though Rich. I was just upstairs playing my RG 270 and I did 1 little nose dive and it came back sounding like a bull moose that just got his balls caught in the crotch of a tree. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but still, I am tired of this thing going out of tune. I have been playing for 21 years now and I am ready for a quality guitar. I kinda get in a slump with the inferior equipment that I have. I am however pretty much set up as far as amps go though. I have a Marshall TSL 100, Line6 Flextone2 head, and 2 4x12 cabs, a few Boss pedals and a Digitech GNX3 for recording purposes. If I dont get the roadking head, I may end up getting the Boss BR 1180cd. It looks like an amazing peice of equipment.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 12:01 AM

Quote:
I was just upstairs playing my RG 270 and I did 1 little nose dive and it came back sounding like a bull moose that just got his balls caught in the crotch of a tree.
I've been searching for that sound for ten years.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
Quote:
I was just upstairs playing my RG 270 and I did 1 little nose dive and it came back sounding like a bull moose that just got his balls caught in the crotch of a tree.
I've been searching for that sound for ten years.
LOL, Well, I'll tell you the secret, get youself a Korean made, low end Ibanez guitar that was never set up correctly, and slam the bar once or twice, and you pretty much have it. I'd rather be ass raped by an 8 dicked walrus than to buy another cheap guitar. I learned my lesson.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 12:40 AM

Fasteddie, I'm available this weekend...........
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Vendor

Quote:
I'd rather be ass raped by an 8 dicked walrus than to buy another cheap guitar. I learned my lesson.
I'm confused, the walrus taught you a lesson?
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 01:05 AM

Quote:
...an 8 dicked walrus...
Whoa...
Now wouldn't that be something.

Wasn't that a Beatles song?
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 01:12 AM

Quote:
I talked to Rich personally this morning for about a half hour
That's gotta be like some record for the shortest call speaking to Rich

Tags
boss pedal , boss pedals , eric johnson , jem vwh , marshall tsl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode