i will let you know what joe uses on tour. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

i will let you know what joe uses on tour.

my wife is awesome. she bought me tickets to see joe on DEC 20th! i cant wait. i think we are pretty close to the stage. i will try to catch what he is using and post after the show!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: i will let you know what joe uses on tour.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...evealed-331053

. He really rocked in Boston, was a great gig (albeit my first chance ever to see him live, mind you).
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Banned

Saw Him last night at the strathmore
great gig
He's at the height of his powers now for sure
we had a good time
and side show bob was almost as much fun!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

well the satch show came through KC last night. he was in rare form.

i loved the huge screen behind the stage/ band. it was an awesome light/ video show.

i took my son for the first time and he was quite amazed, said it was one of the best shows he has ever seen. I told him that dad was always right!

he played some of his earlier stuff. i loved hearing hordes of locusts and memories. those were the highlights for me. that and the crowd chant at the end.

8.5 out of 10 for me! thanks again to my wife who bought me the tickets, i wasnt even planning on going.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

oh yeah he used his white js2400 and a red js2400 most of the night .

had 2 marshall half stacks. i personally thought his tone was a bit thinner than in the past.... it was not bad just seemed to cut through less? maybe it was because there was keyboards too?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 02:55 AM

First post here.

It's great to hear that Joe's "at the height of his powers" - especially since I just realized that it's 15 years ago this month that I saw him for the first time at the Fillmore here in SF with Stu Hamm for his self-titled record tour.

Enjoy the shows! I can't say I've ever been disappointed with a set of Joe's.

MB
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

maybe i just meant to say that he hasnt missed a beat and seems to get better where as other guitar heroes of my day (late 80's) are either stagnant, not playing, or are much worse....

i have seen Joe multiple times and have never left disappointed. i am a guitar nerd, much like a lot of us here.

Isn't it weird to think that he has been touring and putting out music this long.... i have had my radius guitar longer than most of my kids.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM

Which pedals did he have, or what i should ask is - which pedals did he use?
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xcTSK_ekk
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Reviews: 13

i went on dec. 4th in clearwater. the show was absolutely sick. i was in the fourth row and couldnt hear much after the fact. he opened with a orangish js2400 which i later found out is made of alder, and the neck wood is different. he also used a production model js2400, and a js1200 with a sustaniac neck pickup rather than a PAF Joe. as for pedals he had all of his signature vox pedals along with a micro pog, pog2, ibanez flanger, original univibe , and his digitech whammy. he also had some weird old digitech rack effect that gives him that dual lead sound on the song "why". he was using 2 marshall jvm410s but he said they were modded by some of the guys at marshall.

all in all it was a fantastic show and one to remember

T

Last edited by DownHomeRock; 04-15-2011 at 04:45 PM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 AM

Reviews: 65

Hmm funny thing... I actually prefer his Peavey tone.
The 24er sound amazingly well, but the tone is just not as punchy as on the Satchifunkilus Tour. I was really underwhelmed by the tone and songs compared to previous tours.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 12:57 PM

I saw him not long ago and have to agree, tone was Meh and his new album kind of blows goats. And that's tough to say, because I love Satch.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Reviews: 11

I agree, satch may be on top of things with his skill is concerned but I dont like his tone, and hes past 4 albums seem to be something to pass the time. Saddens me, because hes still my 2nd favorite guitarist.

That said, I had dead center front row seats to G3 a few years ago, couldnt see a darn thing on that stage. Combination of being too low and the stage being too dark Good luck if you can!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHomeRock View Post
he was using 2 marshall jvm410s but he said they were modded by some of the guys at marshall.
That's true. On Chickenfoot "Get your buzz on" DVD, Joe himself talks about modifications on his JVM's. Seem that there's not much of JVM left inside.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 09:38 AM

I only have a problem with Wormholes and *******s.....It just seems totally uninspired. Someone joked with me that Sammy Hagar ruined Satch the way he ruined EVH. Which I think is crap, cause I loved Van Hagar just as much as VH. And Chickenfoot is great!
This recent album is just almost "going through the motions"...........

Tags
concert , tour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode