Ibanez collection - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

 11Likes
  • 7 Post By ibaraki_gaijin
  • 1 Post By OCDemon
  • 1 Post By ibaraki_gaijin
  • 1 Post By ibaraki_gaijin
  • 1 Post By ibaraki_gaijin
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 232
Ibanez collection

From left to Right:
- Ikea Billy bookcase. All original.
- JS 1000 BTB with Edge Pro.
- JS 1600
- Jem 77FP (Lo Pro version)
- PGM 100 heavily modded. Sanded down given a more rounded body with oil finish. Replaced the Edge with a new non tarnished one (and used the extra set of locking studs to upgrade my JS1000). Killswitch installed for Buckethead covers.
- Antoria Les Paul (I think late 70s Fujigen, lawsuit model. Ibanez rebranded as Antoria on some European exports).

Which is your favourite?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200202_110528_1583839407374.jpg (3.83 MB, 59 views)
tobe, jim777, Dutchie and 4 others like this.
ibaraki_gaijin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 05:24 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,228
Reviews: 120
Re: Ibanez collection

I've gotta ask,why did you modify that PGM so much? Did it have any significant damage?
LonePhantom is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I've gotta ask,why did you modify that PGM so much? Did it have any significant damage?
I bought it 12 years ago crazy cheap on Yahoo auctions in Japan.. The previous owner had sanded the finish off badly. The trem was no longer floating as they'd screwed it right back and was pitted and corroded. Action was insanely low so anything approaching a bend choked out...

I've brought it back to life so now it looks great and plays possibly the best of the bunch. Looks pretty unique. Just not much like a PGM any more... Haha..
ibaraki_gaijin is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 06:54 PM
Contributor
 
OCDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,267
Re: Ibanez collection

It's hard to find Ikeas all original in that condition man. Nice score. Seriously though I love those two JSs.
jim777 likes this.
OCDemon is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 09:15 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 3rd Stone From the Sun
Posts: 546
Re: Ibanez collection

Nice stable. Dig the PGMA.
Leviathus is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,228
Reviews: 120
Re: Ibanez collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaraki_gaijin View Post
I bought it 12 years ago crazy cheap on Yahoo auctions in Japan.. The previous owner had sanded the finish off badly. The trem was no longer floating as they'd screwed it right back and was pitted and corroded. Action was insanely low so anything approaching a bend choked out...

I've brought it back to life so now it looks great and plays possibly the best of the bunch. Looks pretty unique. Just not much like a PGM any more... Haha..
Fair enough, and the work you've done looks pretty cool. It's a shame that the previous owner put it into a terrible state though.
LonePhantom is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post

Fair enough, and the work you've done looks pretty cool. It's a shame that the previous owner put it into a terrible state though.
Yeah, would have been nice to have had a mint condition original. But this way I've got something genuinely unique.
Like it's no longer Paul's signature model, it's mine. 🙂
I really like the feel of the RG body shape with the edges rounded off too. I wonder if ibanez have ever put out a production model like that?
FireEagle likes this.
ibaraki_gaijin is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
It's hard to find Ikeas all original in that condition man. Nice score. Seriously though I love those two JSs.
Yeah it was a long hard search to get a genuine Billy bookcase. But at least I got a hot dog at the end.

I love a good JS too. Almost gave up on them. My first ibanez was a JS100. That damn low Trs trem nearly put me off for life.
OCDemon likes this.
ibaraki_gaijin is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 311
Re: Ibanez collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaraki_gaijin View Post
From left to Right:
- Ikea Billy bookcase. All original.
- JS 1000 BTB with Edge Pro.
- JS 1600
- Jem 77FP (Lo Pro version)
- PGM 100 heavily modded. Sanded down given a more rounded body with oil finish. Replaced the Edge with a new non tarnished one (and used the extra set of locking studs to upgrade my JS1000). Killswitch installed for Buckethead covers.
- Antoria Les Paul (I think late 70s Fujigen, lawsuit model. Ibanez rebranded as Antoria on some European exports).

Which is your favourite?
Very cool! Great collection. Thank you for sharing!
tobe is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,080
Reviews: 1
Re: Ibanez collection

I’ve got a billy bookcase in my Ibanez collection as well, mines the same finish as yours too, happy new bookcase day!
jono is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
I’ve got a billy bookcase in my Ibanez collection as well, mines the same finish as yours too, happy new bookcase day!
Somehow I find FPFAS (flat pack furniture acquisition syndrome) easier to avoid than regular GAS. Although it still seems to eat up a lot of my disposable cash...
😃🤘
jono likes this.
ibaraki_gaijin is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 09:13 AM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,689
Re: Ibanez collection

At least it's not a hurdal!
jim777 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome