Ibanez custom neck question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
Ibanez custom neck question

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing a new custom project... And I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do the lights in the neck of the guitar, like Christopher woods did. Any insight or tips would be really helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 05:45 AM

Re: Ibanez custom neck question

i think if you're building from scratch, its gonna be easiest to lay the wiring in the truss rod cavity, glue the leds in place behind the fingerboard, and then solder it together, then glue it down.

i still havent figured out how the custom shops do it to your existing neck without removing the fingerboard!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 08:15 AM

As far as I know, this is the only one - Sims customs in the UK. (not the discredited American one)

http://www.simscustom.com/

He's done them for Vai and many other guitar legends. Enjoy.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

I always forget about him, I have a buddy who had him do one for his brmr Jem and it's killer, that's macka

Tags
jem , lights , neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode