Ibanez Custom Shop - About Time? - Page 6 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 12:41 AM

Re: Ibanez Custom Shop - About Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu1tar View Post
If Ibanez would license Warmoth to make and sell it's bodies and necks, that would solve the whole "options shop" thing and be awesome indeed.
IMO, it just wouldn't be the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 07:43 AM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: Ibanez Custom Shop - About Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep View Post
IMO, it just wouldn't be the same.
I agree.

Jimmy
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile View Post
Since we're talking about the Custom Shop, here's a sample of the superb work done by Mr. Hosono's team:
http://caprile.googlepages.com/jbh100
That was custom made for Javier Bassino, a member of the chilean Ibanez Army, and as you can see, a lefty player. Incredible guitar!

PS: I figure since Javier uses it live, there's no problem showing the guitar. If there is, please me let me know and I'll remove the pic
LEFTY !!!

Regards

André

post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Hey Tak, nobody is expecting J Custom shop quality out of a public USCS, and quite frankly I think you know there's no way you could better their quality anyway. What they want is options, especially fretboard woods, neck profiles, and paint colors. If there was a small selection of inlays that could also be offered then everybody would be very happy, and this arrangment could be easily pulled off via the old H&S format. Japanese cut CNC'd bodies to be finish routed for the pickup configuration ordered, 43mm necks in all the profiles [there's only about 6 or 7], and fretboards already inlayed [like the mass produced you can buy on e-bay]. From what I was told H&S had the capacity to finish 50 guitars per day in their heyday [of course they were using built MIJ necks without the need to do any neck work] and using already preparred parts they should be able to knock out 5 a day. The mass produced parts would also keep the costs down below stratospheric so the company could make a good return and the customer wouldn't feel too gouged.

Just doing a translation of what Dex is trying to say
that's what I want too!!
I'm not going to Ibanez and say : hey Mr. Tak, please build me a guitar with 'other brand' body shape.. or anything like that..
I just want RG with options..options!
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 04:18 AM

Yeah Everyone would just have white triple-necks
(Including me )
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Dee

*throws up at the thought*
post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 12:49 PM

Do you guys even wonder about what the price of a Custom Shop Ibanez would be?? and you think a regular (mass produced) production Jem is expensive.........
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mclaughlin View Post
Do you guys even wonder about what the price of a Custom Shop Ibanez would be?? and you think a regular (mass produced) production Jem is expensive.........
VERY good point.

Even if it's an options shop, made to order guitars won't be cheap. I'd expect at least the price of a VWH for a Custom shop Ibanez (depending on features of course).
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
VERY good point.

Even if it's an options shop, made to order guitars won't be cheap. I'd expect at least the price of a VWH for a Custom shop Ibanez (depending on features of course).

Thank you! I just said that because I,m a forum member on the J/C site also, and there "flipping out" over there because of what Jackson is charging now for Custom orders. (and not to mention the wait time) Your better off ordering from one of the banners from above for a custom Ibanez.............
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post

Second question, this is Magnus Olsson's custom guitar MO1TT which presumably was again made from scratch in the custom shop in CA.

And this is RG8570M TB that was available to people (at least in Japan) again mass produced in Japan.

Hi.

My MO guitars are NOT built in the custom shop in CA, they were all built in Japan.
The RG8570 you link too are probably a very similar to mine, but it has, as far as I know, a different neck shape, different pickups, different wiring and probably different colour.

/Magnus
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:30 PM
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow Swordsman View Post
VERY good point.

If Im not mistaken, they USA Custom Graphics guitars were priced below the jem line. The most expensive UCEW was priced at similar level, and the most expensive american master was priced only slightly above the regular jems (777DY/SK and 77FP/BFP)
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 PM

Reviews: 1

I would be more than happy to pay 7VWH price for Mick Thomson’s RG with Edge Pro and vine inlay.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Eco

Jems are expensive because they have Steves name on them.

Take away that and you knock a few hundred straight off, add that back on for your options and maybe a few hundred more and i'd imagine for a decent rg (not over the top), you'd still be looking at £1900 - £2500 which i'd pay for an LACS if it was exactly what i was after.

I think the fancier customs with everything like 7 string piezo custom inlays etc they'd easy run over £3000 here in the UK.

Tags
andy timmons , body shape , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , custom inlays , custom jem , custom shop , custom shop guitar , dimarzio paf , duncan pickups , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , fixed bridge , fret size , fretboard wood , hoshino gakki , hoshino usa , ibanez custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jackson custom shop , jem neck , joe satriani , magnus olsson , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck shape , paul gilbert , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , pro pickups , reversed headstock , richard fay , rosewood fretboard , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , truss rod , truss rods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode