IBANEZ FONT - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 34
IBANEZ FONT

Does anyone know the font name Ibanez use on there current logo.

I am building a custom jem, and want to give it a custom logo, in the right style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 PM

The Ibanez logo has been around since the 1970s (well before digital typefaces), and was likely hand-lettered.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Oh B*gger.

Thanks Darren, looks like I'll have to get my crayons out then :-)
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 05:53 AM

Hey,

I can try to port the logo 'The Loop' used in his virtual jems, this is a vector-image and maybe you can use this one. It also includes the '\/'.

I also tried to find a font for ibanez once, and did not succeed either.

Anyway I'll see what I can do.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 08:28 AM

There are Ibanez vector logos available on the net. If you know what you're doing, you can slice it up and manually draw other characters you need. (That's how i made the Jemfest logo.)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the link Darren.

I will try out one of these font maker programs and see if I can copy it.

Well there goes all my free time this week

Still it will be worth it
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 09:54 AM

If you only need it for one specific application, i wouldn't bother trying to make it a keyable font. Just use Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw and tweak it into the word you need.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 10:07 PM

Reviews: 1
thanks for logo vector link, will save me alot of time now
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: IBANEZ FONT

Can somebody please get me this font in all the letters of the english language? If not, can you do it for money?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 AM

Reviews: 11

I sooooo want this font as well..... have been looking for ages and like a previous poster said. It was hand drawn before digital fonts were created. Might have to draw my own methinks.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

There 's a reason nobody has replied to this thread in 6 years.....it doesn't exist!

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyond View Post
Can somebody please get me this font in all the letters of the english language? If not, can you do it for money?
As you point out, the word "font" implies a style that exists for every letter. If anybody has ever developed the design past the word "Ibanez" then they are keeping it to themselves. Good luck finding someone who will take on the intellectual property issues and spend the time to complete the design.

Wait . . . how much are you offering?

Peace

Mike
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:31 PM

hi,

Sorry for digging an old topic, but I think itís a very interesting one.

More often than not, people like to stick the Ibanez logo on their builds but to me it seems more offending than using your own name, because these builds are not real Ibanez. I can understand why people would like to make themselves something as accurate as possible though, but not for the logo, I mean, itís your chance to sign your masterpiece !

Iíve started doing a font for my own needs, but as the post above states it, I probably should not release it in the open. I certainly wouldnít think of making money out of it, would be more inclined to release it under Creative Commons license, but then again, I donít think it would be right considering my artwork is loosely based on a proprietary design. I may contact Ibanez for that once Iím done though.

Anyway, hereís the way Iím doing :
- create the letters in inkscape. Itís just like illustrator, except itís open-source and use an open format (SVG). The good thing about that is that it is interoperable with other softwares such asÖ font creation tools !
- Iím using fontforge and import the svg files. I set the letters so that they join at some point. It might not be possible to join all letters together in a clean way everytime, but I think Iíll try to do as many letter combos as I can using statistics on the most common digrams in the english language.

The reason Iím doing all this is because each of my projects will have a different name on it, and Iíve not yet decided what it will be
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 03:44 PM

Search the serif fonts on dafont.com, I cant imagine there isn't something close. If one doesn't match perfectly, type out your word in photoshop, rasterize it, use it as a template in PS or illustrator and trace it out with the tweaks you need. You can also convert them to shapes to make it faster, but that's something to read about in illustrator tutorials, too much for me to explain here.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 04:10 PM

wow, that seems overly complex to me for just a simple task, converting a vectorial font to bitmap and back to vectorial ? why not just edit the font and stay vectorial ? there’s a better chance you don’t alter the curves in a way you don’t mean to. Besides, your solution requires that one gets a licence for both photoshop and illustrator. The result is a decal that’s more expensive than a JEM 555 :/

Tags
custom jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode