Ibanez JS necks? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez JS necks?

Hey guys,

I've got a JS1200 and I absolutely love the neck. I was wondering if anybody out there makes necks to the JS prestige spec so that i could make my own JS and still have the JS feel.

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez JS necks?

If anyone could give me anything to work with, that'd be much appreciated. Also, can you get a JS neck using the warmoth custom neck builder? If so, what would those specs be?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 PM

Chris,

I think Warmoth has the Ibanez wizard profile as an option but your best bet might be asking them.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissTheApex View Post
Chris,

I think Warmoth has the Ibanez wizard profile as an option but your best bet might be asking them.
Although, the JS neck profile is VERY different from the Wizard profile... Some guys have bought necks off eBay from a builder that makes 'ibanez style' parts and been really pleased with the results, but I don't know how true to type they are.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Although, the JS neck profile is VERY different from the Wizard profile... Some guys have bought necks off eBay from a builder that makes 'ibanez style' parts and been really pleased with the results, but I don't know how true to type they are.
I know. i should have said "only ibanez neck they have as an option is a wizard".

I know of the bodies on eBay, and it is not really clear if they have a contoured square heels or not but I may feel adventurous to try the bodies but have not seen anyone selling handmade JS necks. Of course there are Indonesian sellers that seem to know a man that knows a man and offer ibanez premium parts, but I haven't seen them offer anything other than a "JS Edge" tremolo.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Where I was headed with the Warmoth route was that I've heard that the JS is like a fender C shape neck. Is it possible to get a neck close to the JS by using Warmoth's options./specs for a custom strat neck?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 04:38 PM

I have a C shaped Tele, and even though relationship with JS neck* and Fender C shape is closer than JS neck and an RG neck, there is still a noticeable difference.

I hope that made sense. Depending on where you are in VA, you're welcome to come and try the Tele neck. You can either play my JS or bring your own if you want to play them back to back.

*Disclaimer: I have a JS100, whose neck is slightly thicker than MIJ JS necks and does not have "JS multi radius"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissTheApex View Post
I have a C shaped Tele, and even though relationship with JS neck* and Fender C shape is closer than JS neck and an RG neck, there is still a noticeable difference.

I hope that made sense. Depending on where you are in VA, you're welcome to come and try the Tele neck. You can either play my JS or bring your own if you want to play them back to back.

*Disclaimer: I have a JS100, whose neck is slightly thicker than MIJ JS necks and does not have "JS multi radius"
Thanks for the response. I've tried some teles, but they too just don't quite feel like home.

As for trying it out, thanks, but with this weather I doubt it'd be anytime soon :P

I'm up in Fairfax County btw
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 06:16 PM

No worries, I know what you mean, like I said, while they are alike, it's not quite there.

Tags
ibanez , js series , necks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode