Ibanez JS Necks and Fretboards - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez JS Necks and Fretboards

Anyone know where to get replacement necks or fingerboards for a JS100 or JS1000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez JS Necks and Fretboards

I have a couple 1000 necks in stock.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Rich at Ibanez Rules. He has got every little nut and bolt and you name it for any Ibanez. I got some Gold pickgaurd screws and a Gold Edge Pro saddle from him. Very good service and ya have no doubts that it is original Ibanez equipment. Also His knowledge of Ibanez and probably other brands is unbelievable, He can tell you what someone else would have to go search first. From my experiance you do not want to try to fool with Ibanez directly.akjc1977
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKJC1977 View Post
Rich at Ibanez Rules. He has got every little nut and bolt and you name it for any Ibanez. I got some Gold pickgaurd screws and a Gold Edge Pro saddle from him. Very good service and ya have no doubts that it is original Ibanez equipment. Also His knowledge of Ibanez and probably other brands is unbelievable, He can tell you what someone else would have to go search first. From my experiance you do not want to try to fool with Ibanez directly.akjc1977
He is also very swell stocked in impressive swear words and has taught me a couple of new ones during recent conversations.

If you need some new words to abuse someone with, Rich is the man to go to.

:-)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Vendor

I wasn't talking about the BLIZARDS by chance was I? I think I made up some new words living thru those things this year
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I wasn't talking about the BLIZARDS by chance was I? I think I made up some new words living thru those things this year
Blizzards, the banks, quality control, stacks of guitars, black dogs, js20ths, my tenants, the law, the global housing crash ..... I think we covered it all man!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Vendor

Ahhh, Sukh, now I know who you are in here! I won't remember long, but for now, you've been identified
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, Sukh, now I know who you are in here! I won't remember long, but for now, you've been identified
Haha! You got it man. Nice talking to you fella and thanks again for the guitar - fab service and fun as always.

Take it easy,
Sukh
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Vendor

Just remember, that dog will hunt
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Just remember, that dog will hunt
I think you're probably right! It's currently on its way to SF for a chat with Gary Brawer - will let you know how it comes back...
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Vendor

Why?!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Why?!
Curiosity - hey, it never killed the dog!

No - I Had my PRM setup by a great tech in the UK that i've used for 12+ years, but I don't know any in Florida yet (that I trust enough anyway). Couldn't get the action low enough for me as it was without getting buzz and bending issues, so had a chat with them and decided to let them at it rather than kill it myself.

I have a buddy who lives there who has taken it for me following a visit here, so let's see. Seriously in love with the guitar though. I think I like it more than the PRM - really takes me back - but then I don't need to tell you that :0)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Vendor

I'd have been happy to tack on some tech fees! Besides a radius on the bridge, there really isn't much to do on those though, definitely didn't warrant a trip to NOCAL.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I'd have been happy to tack on some tech fees! Besides a radius on the bridge, there really isn't much to do on those though, definitely didn't warrant a trip to NOCAL.
I know you would have mate! Oh well, it's done and I'm a happy man. After talking to you on and off about it since last July ( I think ) I got a guitar I've been ogling since I was 20 years old, we got to have a fun chat and put the world to rights AND ( I never told you) , I got some money out of my tenants!

Now I just have to work on not getting kicked out of the country before my guitar comes back!

If I ever make it to NJ (and I will) , it'd be great to meet up and have a beer (and learn some more swear words, of course).
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Vendor

I'll make up some new ones in your honor

Tags
1000 , ibanez , js 100 , neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode