The Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration (feedback wanted) - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 02:38 PM

I like the Flo clone idea, but try this on for size:

Based on a jem7vwh
With sustainer
with complete MOP inlay (no plastic)
brushed gold hardware (lasts longer, looks cooler)
gold knobs
The pyramid inlay featured on the white triple neck included in the body. (that hologram thinggy)

There you have a cool signature axe, that can be limited and may be interesting enough for steve to actually play.

For other thoughts, check out the thread we did a little while ago on custom Jems / jemsite custom jem. There were some great ideas there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 02:58 PM

carved quilted Maple top Jem
chrome jem
gold jem
or
a limited run of every Jem model ever made with an engraved pickguard
post #48 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM

ok, here goes ...

Trans Amber flamed maple top (possibly customer ordered colours,red blue etc) neck bound with ebony/abalone/ebony,body like wise along with the grip (old style), flamed maple fretboard with ebony pyramids (blue pau (sp?) and abalone again for the differant shades), creme/black zebra Breeds and creme S/coil ... with all gold hardware, with signed headstocks :-) ... Now the case ... I want creme connelly hide :-) and gold fixtures

Along with all this, you get a little tub of firegarden honey

Rob (is currently drooling)
post #49 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:07 PM

I'd love to see something gold, something different, and something ebony. So..how's about a flamed maple veneer topped alder/ash/mahogany Jem with an orangy yellow tint, an ebony board, and maybe a slightly more gold version of the orange vine inlay that's in Steve's prototype nylon stringed acoustic? (http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/namm04/namm_03.html) Black pickups with gold poles, rear routed/clear pickguard like a Jem77, gold hardware. MOST IMPORTANTLY no more expensive than a 7VWH, and produced in enough numbers so that anyone who wants one can get one. Don't make it another DNA that will only sit in collectors closets or under beds.
And again, congratulations to Steve for designing such a great playing instrument!

jim
post #50 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:09 PM

Reviews: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh
UVPW50. 50th Anniversary Passion and Warfare Universe Reissue. A standard JEM body cut to work with UV neck and hardware. The user gets a multicolored swirled UV with monkey grip and dissapearing inlays. Nostalgic and memorable.
1-Anniversary means years, not number of guitars.
2-If the previous point were wrong, it would be 50.000th anyway.
3-It's 50.000 JEMs!

Glen hit it...bring back the "i play the same guitars as in stores" theory
1.. great, 50k vs 50th... point is it's a milestone.
2.. whatever
3. the original UV was a JEM! That's the point...a JEM body... it's a rarity and an oddity. Something that doesn't come along often. A 7-String JEM. It has the monkey grip and lions claw- just one extra string. Besides, the UV is a dying breed.
post #51 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh
Besides, the UV is a dying breed.
All the more reason to NOT use a UV to celebrate a sales milestone for the JEM. Hmmm...wonder why Fender didn't celebrate this year's 50th Anniversary of the Strat with a Tele model? The fact is that they ARE very different guitars. Doesn't matter how they begun- what's important is where they are now.
post #52 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:16 PM

hehe I'm sorry for my smart ass response.

But come on! a 7 string jem? that's a UV!!!
post #53 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Vendor

The PAW was not a Jem and doesn't have the lions claw, it was a UV body from the start until "somebody" [i believe despagne] decided they were going to cut a grip in it
post #54 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:21 PM

Interesting request Mike, can you just clarify that the idea would be introducing a new model JEM. I thought you were asking for suggestions for a celebration not necessarily a new model.

I think it would be cool to have something special in the case of the 50,000 JEM that allowed the buyer of the guitar to meet Steve for a day, either in the studio or at the closest touring location. That way the celebration wouldn't discriminate amongst those who can only afford the priciest Jems vs the more economic models.

Another suggestion might be to do something around JemFest where Jem fanatics get to meet Steve and get their Jem's signed or something like that.

If you respond and let me know that you are acutally looking for ideas for a new guitar, I'll post my thoughts on that.

Either way, thanks for asking for our opinion. I think it's refreshing and really cool in this day and age for you guys to think about the folks who buy these products.

JC
post #55 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncowan
I think it would be cool to have something special in the case of the 50,000 JEM...JC
But...what if the buyer doesn't order a case? What if they just want a gig bag? Cases aren't included in the purchase price. LOL
post #56 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:39 PM

Whatever they do: No double-edge.

If they released a piezo-equipped JEM, it'd likely kill the Euphoria, and then Ibanez would be sad (pun intended )
post #57 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:43 PM

I don't think a Double Edge equipped JEM would have any negative effect on how well or how poorly the EP7 will do. Ibanez has had the Double Edge for years now, yet they still seem to do ok with their acoustic line as well
post #58 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Vendor

Anybody wants a Double Edge Jem bad enough PIA is sitting right here
post #59 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:57 PM

The choice for this is obvious ::

Royal Blue (not a transparent/stained top)
White pickguard with some etched feathers and a vine in it filled with black or silver paint
Chrome hardware
12th fret inlay of 2 feathers
Painted headstock with something to do wtih 50k models
post #60 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:15 PM

I'm sure everyone thinks Root Beer's are the dog of the whole Jem line, but I liked them the best. It would be neat to see a 7RB or 7PBK, or the LNG. I don't think they should re-issue them at full quantity, obviously the other "normal" Jems won out early. But for a commemorative model I do think you have to go back to the beginning. Even a regular monkey grip but with a Root Beer finish and vines or pyramids would be a nice compromise, with the AANJ of course. Sort of a composite of the first Jems with benefits from the new ones. I'd use the original edge too.

Or you could do a McDonalds partnership to make a graphic that includes "over 50,000 served."

And of course, if I had it my way, I'd bring back the guitar that started their relationship in the first place.......the MAXXAS!

Tags
aaa maple , aanj neck , abalone binding , abalone dots , abalone inlays , abalone vine , access neck joint , alder body , alexi laiho , andy timmons , andy timmons model , art guitar , beautiful guitar , black headstock , black pickguard , black pickups , bobbin toppers , body shape , bridge pickup , buzz feiten , buzz feiten system , buzz feiten tuning system , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , clear coat , coil tap , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom ibanez , custom inlays , custom jem , custom shop , david lee roth , dimarzio strap , dome knobs , double neck , ebony board , ebony finger board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , eric clapton , evo pickups , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , evolution pickups , feiten system , feiten tuning system , fernandes sustainer , finger board , fire garden , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd trem , fret board , fret inlay , fret markers , frets scalloped , gold knobs , gold trem , guitar body , guitar shop , horsie jem , ibanez dealer , ibanez jem , jackson custom shop , jem dna , jem gmc , jem lng , jem neck , jem neck profile , killer guitar , led inlays , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , lotus feet , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , medium frets , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck plate , neck position , neck pup , neck thru , nuno bettencourt , paf pro , paf pro pickups , paf pros , pearloid pickguard , pickup combination , pickup cover , piezo bridge , pro edge , pro pickups , pro tremolo , production model , prs guitar , prs guitars , pull tone , pull tone pot , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , sims custom , sims custom shop , speaker cab , speaker cabs , standard jem , steve lukather , steve vai , swamp ash , swamp ash body , swirl jem , swirled jem , trem arm , trem setter , tremolo bridge , triple neck , triple neck heart guitar , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , white pearloid pickguard , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode