The Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration (feedback wanted) - Page 6 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:48 AM

I can't get the gold enthusiasm going......I just don't like gold guitars....looks a bit poncey.....unless it looked dirty or peeling then I would be more appealing to me, but definately wouldn't buy it if it was like the JS gold guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:56 PM

I thought of a few more things since my last reply.

First: I thought Glen brought up some great points regarding the instrument/endorsee relationship and the public statements behind it.

After I posted I thought that figured woods wood be a good idea to consider.

Color-wise: something less than basic (avoid black or white this time). Perhaps a color not really used before on production Jems (red, orange, purple - heck-ALL of them -just kidding on the last one)

I don't care much about the Sustainer but electronically-piezos and a Roland synth pickup (or wire the piezos for synth as well).

What about making a production of the LNG/Rosewood/Vine like the one that was auctioned off not too long ago?

Lastly: a publicity stunt. Hold a contest. Entries are suggestions for this commemorative model submitted from the public. The winner is an idea that Ibanez and Steve Vai feel they can both work with. The winner gets a model signed by SV. Another one is signed by SV and put up for auction for the MANF. A limited production run follows for the next 12-18 months.

Mike 777

Last edited by mike777; 01-12-2011 at 05:43 PM.
post #78 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:24 PM

I think some of you guys are asking for some "too unique" features which after the initial excitement become irrelevant. I think the new Jem should be special but would have to keep it's features close to those of a "normal guitar". I don't really care for a super JEM with piezos, sustainer, leds, lasers, 24 strings and 5 necks.

After all I think Ibanez could still be able to create one of the coolest Jems ever by just choosing the right colour, hardware, fretboard, inlays, etc. No need for more pompous options. For example, I think a Jem could look killer with a maple fretboard.

Just my opinion, I don't mean to disrespect anyone's.
post #79 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 04:07 PM

I say the best idea is to create a guitar based on what Steve actually plays, or get Steve to have Ibanez make him something he'll actually play frequently.

EVO's falling apart, Steve could use something new as a main axe. This can either be where Flo comes in, or Steve can get a newly designed Ibanez axe that'll fit his needs as they are today.

I say either a Flo or Mirrored "Bad Horsie" replica would be appropriate.

And no matter what they decide on, the next JEM model should have a sustainer on it, as Steve's been using them for years.

But, Ibanez may not be able to use a Fernandes Sustainer, or a Sustainiac in a production model guitar.
post #80 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
I say the best idea is to create a guitar based on what Steve actually plays, or get Steve to have Ibanez make him something he'll actually play frequently.

EVO's falling apart, Steve could use something new as a main axe. This can either be where Flo comes in, or Steve can get a newly designed Ibanez axe that'll fit his needs as they are today.

I say either a Flo or Mirrored "Bad Horsie" replica would be appropriate.

And no matter what they decide on, the next JEM model should have a sustainer on it, as Steve's been using them for years.

But, Ibanez may not be able to use a Fernandes Sustainer, or a Sustainiac in a production model guitar.
I'm still not sure the 50k models sold mark should mean a new guitar, BUT.
What about a truly pimped out 7VWH.
Highest quality inlays, gold engraved head stock, a run of PERFECT VWHs.
And what about something Ibanez has only done once before...... a non all-black trem bar!. Gold vine up a white/black bar anyone?
post #81 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:43 AM

Mahogany body, spalted maple top, clear pickguard, Airnorton+Tonezone configuration in zebra color, gold hardware (with double edge), birdseye maple fingerboard, offset little abalone dots
post #82 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by francelj
Mahogany body, spalted maple top, clear pickguard, Airnorton+Tonezone configuration in zebra color, gold hardware (with double edge), birdseye maple fingerboard, offset little abalone dots
No offense, but what do any of those things have to do with Steve Vai?

Though that does give me another idea: Find whoever buys the 50,000th JEM, and let them spec their own custom Ibanez guitar that Ibanez will build for them.
post #83 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 06:25 AM

Brilliant idea to launch a 50k celebration model !!! From my side, I would pray for those limited edition axes :

- a triple neck just like the one Steve owns;

- a swirled chrome and gold finish (I mean chrome and gold would be the colours of the swirl and would be in relief just like the relief of the JEM 90th)...this may however bring the price very high....

Anyway, I think this should be something where there are many details (just like the JEM 10th run)
post #84 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 07:06 AM

GOLD MEANIE 50K

I think that it would be right to do the Jem 777LNG all over again. That was the guitar that started the RG´s and JEM's Ibanez hysteria in the middle of the -80's and steve's and Ibanez collaboration. An exact replica of the 777LNG in gold only this may be called... be hold.... Gold Meanie 50K.

Picture this.

A gold meanie with details in gold such as, gold pyramid
inlays in the neck, entire body in gold finish with see thru
pickguard or black, all hardware in gold. I think the pickups
should be black still cause it would be a little to much with
those in gold too. I think the fretboard should be in maple
just to be fair to the original 777LNG. To finish it all in glory
we just have to put a little discrete 50K logo on the headstock
right next to the JEM logo.
I Also i think that the pickups should be PAF pro's, again,
to make the 777LNG some justice....

What do you think ???

WBR // Mikael "the swedish guy" Nilsson
post #85 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:44 AM

it must surely be time for the often demanded red jem?

--c.
post #86 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:55 PM
Suspension: Multiple Users

The best suggestion I heard was an evo replica, because if Ibanez has any intention of ever making one they had better hurry up before the thing falls apart it already has a new neck on it.
post #87 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 04:57 PM

All the ideas posted look great, but IMO it should be something more of a tribute to Steve Vai and Ibanez.. Something where you look at it and it speaks volumes about SSV's career and the history of Jem guitars.

Have you ever seen those photo mosaics with a large picture made from tons of little pictures? (Like http://www.photomosaicmaker.com/gallery/col1/wt.jpg Imagine a picture of Steve like the one on the front of Seventh Song made up from hundreds of little pictures of JEMs, concert photos, album covers, etc...

Whatever Mr. Vai chooses, hopefully he puts in all the goodies like a piezo bridge and a sustainer
post #88 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 PM

I really dig this.

post #89 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:31 AM

i realy like the vine round the body also but i cant see ibanez doin an inalyed body, they MAY do it as a painted graphic but i dont see that either

it does look great tho
post #90 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disassociative1
...but i cant see ibanez doin an inalyed body...
From the current Ibanez website.

Tags
aaa maple , aanj neck , abalone binding , abalone dots , abalone inlays , abalone vine , access neck joint , alder body , alexi laiho , andy timmons , andy timmons model , art guitar , beautiful guitar , black headstock , black pickguard , black pickups , bobbin toppers , body shape , bridge pickup , buzz feiten , buzz feiten system , buzz feiten tuning system , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , clear coat , coil tap , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom ibanez , custom inlays , custom jem , custom shop , david lee roth , dimarzio strap , dome knobs , double neck , ebony board , ebony finger board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , eric clapton , evo pickups , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , evolution pickups , feiten system , feiten tuning system , fernandes sustainer , finger board , fire garden , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd trem , fret board , fret inlay , fret markers , frets scalloped , gold knobs , gold trem , guitar body , guitar shop , horsie jem , ibanez dealer , ibanez jem , jackson custom shop , jem dna , jem gmc , jem lng , jem neck , jem neck profile , killer guitar , led inlays , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , lotus feet , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , medium frets , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck plate , neck position , neck pup , neck thru , nuno bettencourt , paf pro , paf pro pickups , paf pros , pearloid pickguard , pickup combination , pickup cover , piezo bridge , pro edge , pro pickups , pro tremolo , production model , prs guitar , prs guitars , pull tone , pull tone pot , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , sims custom , sims custom shop , speaker cab , speaker cabs , standard jem , steve lukather , steve vai , swamp ash , swamp ash body , swirl jem , swirled jem , trem arm , trem setter , tremolo bridge , triple neck , triple neck heart guitar , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , white pearloid pickguard , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode