The Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration (feedback wanted) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
MM

The Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration (feedback wanted)

At the time of this writing Ibanez has sold 45,160 Jem guitars since the initial release of this ground-breaking instrument in 1987.

Steve and Ibanez plan to do something special to mark 50,000 Jems sold.

We'd love to hear your suggestions about how we can mark this important milestone in the rich history of the Ibanez Jem!

All input is welcome - so play your very own part in the Jem's on-going success by telling us your thoughts!

Steve and Ibanez look forward to reading your replies!

Thanx,

Mikey
vai.com

Last edited by jemsite; 12-30-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:13 AM

Maybe another swirl type guitar, maybe with "50k" somewhere on it, like headstock or 12th fret.
post #3 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:17 AM

Something with a completely different finish, perhaps. Not just textured or swirled. Maybe that paint that's a different colour based on which direction you look at it.

Or one carved from a solid block of titanium.
post #4 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:18 AM

A free Jem to all of those who bought them

Is this something that's not intended to be a short run guitar?

What about a stylized Truss rod cover / pickguard / cavity cover.
Something that all Jem owners can have and use.
Comes with a CD, one song where Steve uses each Jem model at some point in the track (ala Gilberts 100 guitar song).
post #5 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 06:31 AM

Since 50 is a golden wedding anniversary then perhaps a golden jem as a special edition

either a golden jem ala the chrome jem golden vine on ebony

or perhaps a gold and black swirl with gold/black pups and gold pyramids on ebony

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary!!!
post #6 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 06:40 AM

Well, I believe it's time for the 'all included' Jem. Mirror Jem, Sustainer, and those fancy LEDs!
post #7 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 06:55 AM
dex

First have a look here for many great ideas.
Also I would sugest going for something more mature like this because most people who would consider buying a limited edition Jem will be over 30 years old and having a "every colour in the world" swirl will not look that apealing.
Something mature like the 10th, not something toy-like weird like the DNA.
Also don't pick the cheapest JEM to mod to make it the most expensive (DNA again - DBK in disguise) but rather start with the best one - 7VWH.
If you want me to spend $5000 for a guitar it better be made of alder or mahogany and made to look classy.

ilia
post #8 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:31 AM

What about a UV?

I think a gold theme would be sweet Ironically the VWH would be a classy choice for a 50th JEM, but since that's already around, an EVO or FLO replica would be sweet
post #9 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
First have a look here for many great ideas.
Also I would sugest going for something more mature like this because most people who would consider buying a limited edition Jem will be over 30 years old and having a "every colour in the world" swirl will not look that apealing.
Something mature like the 10th, not something toy-like weird like the DNA.
Also don't pick the cheapest JEM to mod to make it the most expensive (DNA again - DBK in disguise) but rather start with the best one - 7VWH.
If you want me to spend $5000 for a guitar it better be made of alder or mahogany and made to look classy.

ilia
hey dex - you have a very good and Important point .
Im a huge JEM fan and I love them all - but if you're going to do another 5000$ guitar - let it be fantastic and extraordinary - I think that very high priced jem's that worth only 1/4 of the price only giving the jems a bad reputation of a regular signature guitar.
post #10 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:07 AM

For Christ sake make it available as a lefthanded model. I don't care what it is in the end !

Regards

André

post #11 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:13 AM

Not that i'd be able to afford one but what about a twin or even triple neck version ala Steve's.
post #12 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:22 AM

Bah! I'm talking rubbish, i'd have to find the money from somewhere!
post #13 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:30 AM

Some form of stained finish / natural finish would be nice...

-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #14 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:50 AM

I would like to see either:

That fantastic silver bad Horsie guitar, with lightup fretboard

Or

SWIRLS!!!

I'd buy that for a dollar!......well slightly more!
post #15 of 455 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:56 AM

A gold JEM would be nice.

Tags
aaa maple , aanj neck , abalone binding , abalone dots , abalone inlays , abalone vine , access neck joint , alder body , alexi laiho , andy timmons , andy timmons model , art guitar , beautiful guitar , black headstock , black pickguard , black pickups , bobbin toppers , body shape , bridge pickup , buzz feiten , buzz feiten system , buzz feiten tuning system , cavity cover , chrome boy , chrome hardware , chrome jem , clear coat , coil tap , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom ibanez , custom inlays , custom jem , custom shop , david lee roth , dimarzio strap , dome knobs , double neck , ebony board , ebony finger board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , edge pro trem , edge pro tremolo , edge trem , eric clapton , evo pickups , evolution bridge , evolution bridge pickup , evolution pickups , feiten system , feiten tuning system , fernandes sustainer , finger board , fire garden , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd trem , fret board , fret inlay , fret markers , frets scalloped , gold knobs , gold trem , guitar body , guitar shop , horsie jem , ibanez dealer , ibanez jem , jackson custom shop , jem dna , jem gmc , jem lng , jem neck , jem neck profile , killer guitar , led inlays , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , lotus feet , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , medium frets , mirrored pickguard , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck plate , neck position , neck pup , neck thru , nuno bettencourt , paf pro , paf pro pickups , paf pros , pearloid pickguard , pickup combination , pickup cover , piezo bridge , pro edge , pro pickups , pro tremolo , production model , prs guitar , prs guitars , pull tone , pull tone pot , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , quilted maple , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood neck , scalloped frets , scratch plate , signature guitar , sims custom , sims custom shop , speaker cab , speaker cabs , standard jem , steve lukather , steve vai , swamp ash , swamp ash body , swirl jem , swirled jem , trem arm , trem setter , tremolo bridge , triple neck , triple neck heart guitar , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , tuning system , white pearloid pickguard , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode