Ibanez JS10, So close, yet so far - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez JS10, So close, yet so far

I recently purchased JS10 #159 off of Ebay from Geoffrey Monmart who lives in Belgium. The price was right and he displayed addtional photos on the Ibanezregister.com website and he claims (as it appears) to be in mint conditon. The problem is, although I've wire transferred the cash, the JS10 has yet to be shipped. Obviously my stress level and anxiety are on the rise. Because he has several other guitars on Ebay and is in good standing with multiple sales, I figured it was a relatively safe bet. Has anyone else had any transactions or dealings with him? Just curious. Apparently, he also has a JS90-HAM available as well. If anyone has any info on the guy I'd appreciate it. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:35 PM

I wish you luck on that sir...I've had some bad luck on EBAY before...

I wish I could tell you more.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Ibanez endorsed

Have you requested his personal information from EBAY yet? I think you might not be able to because it is outside the USA but I would start there. I would also email any and all buyers from completed auctions he has done and ask how their sales went with him.

I hope that helps some. I know it can be really stressfull. Out of all the times I thought I was getting ripped off more times than not it ended up being a mistake and everything was ok. BUT there were also a couple times I DID get ripped off so you cant be too careful. I would start with requesting his personal info (phone number and such) and then contact his past sales.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply and advice, I guess I'm just a bit impatient to get my hands on it! He did send an Email today saying FedEx wouldn't accept the original packaging, so I guess he's repacking it and getting it out by the end of the week. Whatever it takes to get it here in one piece. In my quest to stock a JS inventory (I have a JS1000BP and a 1988 Black 540R), when I start my search for the Y2K and JS90, I think I'll stick to safer buying grounds. Thanks again
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Ibanez endorsed

Yeah I have a JS10 and a JS90 for sale right now
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 01:55 PM
EKG

Rikk - I know how you are!

SatchViking - Maybe it's just me, but I always give someone the benefit of the doubt. I know the anxiety of waiting, especially from overseas, but just as Rikk said, the package usually shows up and all is fine I have only had one problem in an auction transaction, and that was with the USPS actually loosing the package, no fault of the seller.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Confidence is high Eddie, thanks! I'm thinking I should have started visiting this web site sooner though, it appears there's plenty of good company. Thanks for all the tips!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:40 AM

Hey Satchviking, good to see another Minnesotan on the roster - when your JS10th DOES arrive(and I bet it will), I'd love to hook up and bask in the glory that is a Chromeboy since I've never actually seen one in person and have considered saving my pennies for one. I'll bring my lowly JS6000 and 542R for kicks to give all those Fuji siblings some family reunion time! Peace. Z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode