Ibanez JS1000 problems - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez JS1000 problems

Hi Everyone,
* *I wish my first post could be a more happy one but about a month ago i bought a Js1000btb brand new. Its a fantastic guitar but i can not keep it in tune. When i tune it i can maybe play for about 5 mins until every string slips flat by the same amount. This is augmented about 3 fold when i tighten or loosen the neck by the bolt at the top of the neck (truss rod i think). I have tightened the trem posts with the tiny allenkey and have even changed the position of the saddle lock back and forth to see if it made any difference but failed also. I like low action on a guitar but when i screw the tremposts down then loosen the neck to compensate it wont stay in tune for more than a few mins if that. Another thing i found to be odd was that when tuning i found that when i released the pressure from one string the other automatically tightened but a member from here advised me this was because of the floating bridge however it is making it impossible to tune and again this is augmented when the action is lower.My low pro edge baseplate is parrallel to the body and at the right angle.
After paying a lot of money for this i have hardly had a chance to play it man. Has anyone else had this problem or knows a way to solve it? *Any help would be most appreciated folks as its driving me mad!!
* * Thanks
* * * * * *David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 12:42 PM
Vendor

Ibanez JS1000 problems

I'll assume this is your first floating bridge. Start at the top of the page and check every point on your way down.

www.ibanezrules.com/tech.htm
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2002, 08:46 AM

Ibanez JS1000 problems

Make sure your string tree is adjusted correctly if it is not your pitch can go sharp or flat when you lock the nut. Also another good thing to do and I can't stress this enough is lubricate every contact point on the bridge and nut and anything that moves. I use a graphite lube that has the consistancy of vasaline you can get it at any hardware store. Make sure you lube everything the saddles the bridge posts were the knife edge of the bridge comes in contact also lube the nut. I am a firm beleiver in doing this and my guitars hardly ever go out of tune. Also lube any contact point the string has with the guitar. You don't have to glob it on either just a nice amount trust me it works and it cuts down on the ware of your hardware.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez JS1000 problems

Thanks for both the replies folks. Ive finally got it set up and it plays like a dream that i can really begin to enjoy now. Thanks again

Tags
pro edge , string tree , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode