Ibanez JS1CR or PIA Envy green - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez JS1CR or PIA Envy green

I have one choice to buy either one...... which one should be better choice...... can only afford one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 01:27 AM
Vendor

Re: Ibanez JS1CR or PIA Envy green

I'd buy the Pia.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Mmmm..... yeah pia envy green is limited color...... and js1cr is gonna be normal production guitar
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'd buy the Pia.
Heresy, Rich! Nah. I get it. Limited and all.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I'd buy the Pia.
I got a JS1CR backordered, this is scaring me is the JS1CR really not worth the money? Should I just get the 2480? The JS1CR comes with cert of authenticity, nicer case and the price might mean that it's no going to be production model for a long time, am I missing something that makes the JS1CR not better than the PIA?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algorithmsjoe View Post
I got a JS1CR backordered, this is scaring me is the JS1CR really not worth the money? Should I just get the 2480? The JS1CR comes with cert of authenticity, nicer case and the price might mean that it's no going to be production model for a long time, am I missing something that makes the JS1CR not better than the PIA?
The JS1CR is technically a production model despite the price being identical to the limited JS1CR30. The Green PIA is definitely limited. JS1CRs are already selling for below that value on sites like reverb and ebay simply because they are still available and people aren't successfully selling them for that price. Until they close the doors on the JS1CR I think it's value isn't gonna match the sticker price. If it were to cease to be available I could see the value going back up. This is just speculation but I think that's what it is.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 01:21 PM

I personally think the JS1CR looks awesome plus it has the sustainer, so value or not I'd prefer one to a PIA. You have to make your own choice but I would vote JS in this case. I am a huge JS fan though so that was obvious if you ask me.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
I personally think the JS1CR looks awesome plus it has the sustainer, so value or not I'd prefer one to a PIA. You have to make your own choice but I would vote JS in this case. I am a huge JS fan though so that was obvious if you ask me.
Yeah the awesomeness factor is what drives my choice to the JS1CR, but if the guitar quality is worst than PIA I will probably reconsider. Having the price go down while the pandemic makes sense, I just wonder where the price will be in 5 years. My JEM777LNG 30th seems to have most of it's value but then again that is a limited...
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah the awesomeness factor is what drives my choice to the JS1CR, but if the guitar quality is worst than PIA I will probably reconsider. Having the price go down while the pandemic makes sense, I just wonder where the price will be in 5 years. My JEM777LNG 30th seems to have most of it's value but then again that is a limited...
Nobody said anything about quality. The quality of both is probably the same. They are both made in Japan. If you are looking for the highest resale value maybe the PIA is better, although good luck getting your hands on one at this point. If you are looking for a cool chrome JS then you have made the right choice. I never buy my guitars for any other reason than I want them. I don't worry about if their value will go up or down and it's not always clear initially which ones will go up or which will go down.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMfans View Post
Mmmm..... yeah pia envy green is limited color...... and js1cr is gonna be normal production guitar

Quote:
Heresy, Rich! Nah. I get it. Limited and all.

Sums it up for me.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

The chromeboy is nice except the fretboard is too plain.....i already preorder pia envy green from my area dealer and saving up slowly to buy js1cr no hurry as it still in production
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Nobody said anything about quality. The quality of both is probably the same.
Maybe he means in terms of the quality of the chrome? It's not flawless by any means. Judging by comments here and elsewhere about returns of JS1CRs, I suspect that although this is a production model, it wont necessarily remain one for long. Ibanez have a limited appetite for models that are a hassle to execute.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 PM
Vendor

I just rejected 1 out of 5 for something very picky, otherwise they all would have passed. They may have turned a corner in the finishing.
OCDemon likes this.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I just rejected 1 out of 5 for something very picky, otherwise they all would have passed. They may have turned a corner in the finishing.
Nice, I hope mine is flawless, I was told it passed a 55 point inspection IIRC you had problems with them with JS Art in the past, I am worried they will not be as picky as you but it's easier for me to put that kind of money on their card. Anyway I guess I have made my decision, I look forward to playing with the Sustainiac.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Nice, I hope mine is flawless, I was told it passed a 55 point inspection IIRC you had problems with them with JS Art in the past, I am worried they will not be as picky as you but it's easier for me to put that kind of money on their card. Anyway I guess I have made my decision, I look forward to playing with the Sustainiac.
I don't think any Ibanez Chromeboy has been flawless...but you can hope it has minimal flaws. The whole chrome thing is hard to do. Also @Rich 's version of flawless and my version of flawless are very far from each other.
tobe likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode